RT/meetings/PMC Minutes 120919
RT PMC Meeting: Sept 19 2012
Jesse Markus (RAP) Glyn Markus (ECF) Christian Ian
Call for paper for EclipseCon went out. Jesse suggested that we have a panel on the future of RT.
- Discuss how people consume Eclipse RT
- What is Eclipse RT
- How do we make lives easier for our community
- Do a community survey ahead of time to prime the pannel to see how people use RT. Maybe Ian S. and the foundation can help.
- If we want to push to Maven, we need to get the orbit stuff to maven too
- What are the maven co-ordinates
- What versions do things hook too (transitive dependencies)
- Duplication of artifacts (Eclipse OSGi versions are different)
- Linning up the versions doesn't make as much sense in RT as it does in the IDE
Glyn to have a call to determine if Virgo must be on the train to participate in LTS.