RT/meetings/PMC Minutes 090729
- Jeff McAffer
- Jesse McConnell
- Greg Wilkins
- Ian Skerrett
- Tom Watson
- Mark Rogalski
- Doug Clarke
Jetty IP stuff
We would like to discuss where we will be moving forward with the downloadable jetty distribution and how these things will work in the short term and longer term. Likely the support of maven throughout eclipse will be a minor topic but likely nothing more then lip service will be paid to it. Please see rt-pmc mailing list for additional context and ideally prep for the call.
- lots of good discussion. Three areas of interest
- get Jetty 7 out
- get Jetty dependencies through the CQ process
- work to get Eclipse stuff into some Maven consumable way
- Logo design concluded
- Ian will draft some usage guidelines
- RT Day in Austin
- shooting for week of Nov 16 (Tues, Wed, Thurs range)
- IBM Austin is volunteering rooms
- considering having colocation with a Modeling day
- need to start thinking about the program
- target adopter community. Need 2-3 end user case studies, not an ISV. Get someone like NASA
- PMC as a whole to drive the agenda
- RT Day in Toronto/Boston/New York/...
- We are still looking to do this but need space
- similar format
- thinking of doing the events in the same week. Also consider the week of Nov 9.
- Amazon web services hosting
- No real progress
Oliver cannot make the call but sent this update: The Swordfish project has agreed that Zsolt Beothy-Elo will join me as a co-lead and we’ll do the formal election next week when most of our committers are back from vacation. I’ll post the results to the rt-pmc list and ask for your approval towards the end of next week.