RT/meetings/PMC Minutes 090715
- Jeff McAffer
- Mark Rogalski
- Ian Skerrett
- Thomas Watson
- Christian Campo
- Oliver Wolf
- Jochen Krause
New Swordfish project lead
Oliver is proposing to step down as lead and nominate Zsolt as the new lead.
- Oliver has multiple roles and this seems like too much for one person
- Looking to split up the roles to move leadership
- There was some discussion around co-leadership, or how the roles should be split.
- As a result of the discussion, Oliver will go back to the project team and discuss. We will defer the vote until he comes back.
Approving own project things
There are a few instances of people self approving things. Mailing list, CQs, ...
- Jochen proposes that we formalize this a little bit and consider self-approval as a bad practice.
- Conflict of interest issues are apparent/possible
- There is a tension between openness and the knowledge of what is going on in the projects
- VOTE: "We will avoid PMC members being the sole approver for requests/votes from their own project." - Unanimously agreed to.
- Jochen to send a message to the RT PMC to report.
Logo next steps
There were some more images sent out last June.
- Looking good
- a few tweaks
- no gradianet on letters
- RT in different color (just ask the artist)
- Complete top disk to see
- Smooth the gradients on the disks from front to back just to see.
- Also try remove all the gradients from the disks
Update on RT days
Ian is starting to reach out for sponsors on RT days
- thinking sometime in Nov
- 1-2 North American cities
- about 100 people
- looking for better idea by the next meeting
- potential for back to back event with a Modeling day
Amazon Web Services hosting
Eclipse RT in the cloud as examples
- Amazon is donating services for downloads, look to get some images running there as well.
- Put together a program to have some projects hosting examples and testbeds (e.g., scalability)
- Ian is going follow up with Amazon and get back next call