Difference between revisions of "RT/meetings/PMC Minutes 080910"

From Eclipsepedia

< RT‎ | meetings
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 5: Line 5:
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
 
* Jeff McAffer
 
* Jeff McAffer
 +
* Tom Watson
 +
* Jochen Krause
 +
* Doug Clarke
  
 
== Discussion ==
 
== Discussion ==
Line 14: Line 17:
 
This was on the last call but we need to follow up here.  PMCs have a chance to participate in various councils at Eclipse.  In particular the planning council. This is an opportunity for us to drive things that are important to the runtime story at Eclipse.  To date I (Jeff) have been lurking and periodically interacting with the planning council.  We should establish someone who will drive this with more energy then I have at the moment.
 
This was on the last call but we need to follow up here.  PMCs have a chance to participate in various councils at Eclipse.  In particular the planning council. This is an opportunity for us to drive things that are important to the runtime story at Eclipse.  To date I (Jeff) have been lurking and periodically interacting with the planning council.  We should establish someone who will drive this with more energy then I have at the moment.
 
* We need to get someone for the planning council.  Doug and Tom both expressed some interest and will investigate what is involved etc.
 
* We need to get someone for the planning council.  Doug and Tom both expressed some interest and will investigate what is involved etc.
 +
* Jochen will talk to Markus Knauer about doing this and how much work it is
  
 
===Planning===
 
===Planning===
 
We need to have plans for the projects. What does that entail at the PMC and project level.
 
We need to have plans for the projects. What does that entail at the PMC and project level.
 +
* need to harass the sub projects to fill in their plans.  Look at the planning doc at [[Development Resources/Project Plan]]
  
 
===Moves===
 
===Moves===
 
Status of various moves.  ECF move status
 
Status of various moves.  ECF move status
 
* More projects have moved (Equinox move is basically complete)
 
* More projects have moved (Equinox move is basically complete)
 +
* Equinox incubator move coming
 
* ECF and eRCP coming soon
 
* ECF and eRCP coming soon
 +
* Jochen will start the move of RAP today
  
 
+
=== How to get RT content ===
 +
We need to figure out how to deliver our content.  The EPP project is getting the installer in up and running.  Look at the status of this with a view to how this fits with delivering RT function.
 +
* Jochen supplied the following URL as the current demo site for the [http://eppwizard.dyndns.org:8008/rap EPP install wizard].
 +
* We should sync up with Galileo
 +
* Look at providing a separate download site/wizard
 +
* This is a good topic for discussion at the ESE RT symposium
  
 
==Next Meeting==
 
==Next Meeting==

Revision as of 10:01, 10 September 2008

Contents

Attendees

  • Jeff McAffer
  • Tom Watson
  • Jochen Krause
  • Doug Clarke

Discussion

ESE RT symposium

We have a symposium scheduled for ESE in November. We should settle on an abstract and seek volunteers both for organizing and for participating. Jeff sent out a message on the RT mailing list with a proposed abstract.

Council membership

This was on the last call but we need to follow up here. PMCs have a chance to participate in various councils at Eclipse. In particular the planning council. This is an opportunity for us to drive things that are important to the runtime story at Eclipse. To date I (Jeff) have been lurking and periodically interacting with the planning council. We should establish someone who will drive this with more energy then I have at the moment.

  • We need to get someone for the planning council. Doug and Tom both expressed some interest and will investigate what is involved etc.
  • Jochen will talk to Markus Knauer about doing this and how much work it is

Planning

We need to have plans for the projects. What does that entail at the PMC and project level.

Moves

Status of various moves. ECF move status

  • More projects have moved (Equinox move is basically complete)
  • Equinox incubator move coming
  • ECF and eRCP coming soon
  • Jochen will start the move of RAP today

How to get RT content

We need to figure out how to deliver our content. The EPP project is getting the installer in up and running. Look at the status of this with a view to how this fits with delivering RT function.

  • Jochen supplied the following URL as the current demo site for the EPP install wizard.
  • We should sync up with Galileo
  • Look at providing a separate download site/wizard
  • This is a good topic for discussion at the ESE RT symposium

Next Meeting

September 24, 2008 at 0900 ET, Agenda: RT/meetings/PMC Minutes 080924