RMF/Contributor Guide/Build Process
Revision as of 05:17, 16 January 2012 by Michael.jastram.de (New page: We're still in the incubator phase - therefore, the release process is still being developed. Here are our guidelines so far: == The Most Important Stuff == * Our release manager is [ma...)
We're still in the incubator phase - therefore, the release process is still being developed. Here are our guidelines so far:
The Most Important Stuff
- Our release manager is Lukas Ladenberger. Please coordinate with Lukas.
- We use the Git Flow Process as our release process
- Important: Never commit to master! (unless you are the release manager). Development takes place on the develop branch)
- The only branches on the server are master and develop. All other branches that are mentioned in git-flow are local branches
Names and Versions
- In Bugzilla, we use milestones of the form mYY.MM. Correspondingly, our release tag will be called release-YY.MM. Only the release manager creates tags!
- While we are in the incubation phase, we use the following version format for plugins and features: 0.mm.ss.qualifier. The major version number will graduate beyond zero, once we leave incubation. For now, we will always include the qualifier.
- Note that eventually, we want to get rid of the qualifier for releases. We then have to make sure that we correctly increment service and minor numbers, and after incubation major.