RAP Theme Editor
The goal of this project is to provide an Eclipse Plug-In that handles RAP theme files. At the moment RAP theme files have to be edited in a normal text editor. That is fault-prone and definitely not userfriendly. So beside syntax checking the Theme Editor will provide a graphical user interface to change several properties and values for RAP themes in an easier way.
This project is part of 2008 Google Summer of Code.
- Mentor: Ralf Sternberg
- Student: Mathias Schaeffner
- Multipage Editor with 3 tabs (widgets tab, rules tab, source tab) for editing all parts of a RAP theme file
- loading supported widgets and their possible properties dynamically through the *.theme.xml files associated with each RAP widget
- synchronization between GUI-tabs and source tab
- dialogs that handle input of certain property types, e.g. ColorDialog, FontDialog, FileDialog
- Redo/Undo functionality
- source editor, so that theme files can be edited by hand as well
- Problem Marker in source tab
- syntax coloring in source tab
- contribution to standard Outline view
- content assist in source editor
- text hover in source editor
The source tab gives the chance of directly editing the content in the theme file. Therefore snytax coloring and content assists are provided for the following parts of a theme file: selectors, styles, states, variants and properties. Additionally, text hover information is shown if the mouse hovers such token.
Whenever the document's content has been changed, it is parsed again and accordingly problem markers are shown. These ones can either be of the type "error marker" if the parser has found a structural disorder, or of the type "warning marker" if the css structure is valid but there are parts, which are not supported by RAP, and so will be ignored.
after some "refine" actions the theme file could be cluttered and unclear to read: so provide a feature that will clean up the theme file by removing unused rules or properties and merge rules with same selector list if possible
Getting the Source