RAP Theme Editor
The goal of this project is to provide an Eclipse Plug-In that handles RAP theme files. At the moment RAP theme files have to be edited in a normal text editor. That is fault-prone and definitely not userfriendly. So beside syntax checking the Theme Editor will provide a graphical user interface to change several properties and values for RAP themes in an easier way.
This project is part of 2008 Google Summer of Code.
- Mentor: Ralf Sternberg
- Student: Mathias Schaeffner
- GUI for editing all parts of a RAP theme file
- loading supported widgets and their possible properties dynamically through the *.theme.xml files associated with each RAP widget
- synchronization between GUI-tabs and source tab
- dialogs that handle input of certain property types, e.g. ColorDialog, FontDialog, FileDialog
- Redo/Undo functionality
- source editor, so that theme files can be edited by hand as well
- syntax coloring in source tab
- Problem Marker in source tab
- easy way of registering themes to a RAP application; rather than linking RAP theme and application manually
- preview for each widget supported by RAP, in order to see directly an effect when changing a style value
Getting the Source
Feel free to add your comments and ideas.