Project Management Infrastructure
The Eclipse Project Management Infrastructure consolidates Eclipse project management activities into a single consistent location and experience.
Project Management Infrastructure themes:
- Improved consistency. Configuration/data-driven project web presence, direct linkage between releases, reviews, and plans. Information--including basic project metadata, project plans, and release review information--is captured and retained in a consistent (and easily leveraged) data-based format (rather than in multiple documents in arbitrary formats).
- All-in-one-place. Committers are able to edit information in place on the project information pages. Text/information in one place with links in another is eliminated where possible. Comments and discussion related to reviews, elections, etc. are connected directly to the item being discussed.
- Get started faster. By default, projects are provided with a data-driven website that includes consistent links to project releases, reviews, downloads, etc. Projects can opt to override the default and provide their own customized web presence.Setting up a project presence is a matter of configuration, not PHP programming against proprietary APIs.
Using the PMI
The current implementation supports:
- Project, release, and review metadata
- Simultaneous release participation
The Developer Portal is still used for:
- All committer managment functionality
- Intellectual Property Contribution Questionnaires