Project Management Infrastructure
The Eclipse Project Management Infrastructure (PMI) consolidates Eclipse project management activities into a single consistent location and experience.
Project Management Infrastructure themes:
- Improved consistency. Configuration/data-driven project web presence, direct linkage between releases, reviews, and plans. Information--including basic project metadata, project plans, and release review information--is captured and retained in a consistent (and easily leveraged) data-based format (rather than in multiple documents in arbitrary formats).
- All-in-one-place. Committers are able to edit information in place on the project information pages. Text/information in one place with links in another is eliminated where possible. Comments and discussion related to reviews, elections, etc. are connected directly to the item being discussed.
- Get started faster. By default, projects are provided with a data-driven website that includes consistent links to project releases, reviews, downloads, etc. Projects can opt to override the default and provide their own customized web presence.Setting up a project presence is a matter of configuration, not PHP programming against proprietary APIs.
Using the PMI
Migration to the PMI
The PMI replaces the Developer Portal along with other means of specifying project data, including project plans, IP Logs, and more. While we are migrating to the PMI, there will be a period of time where some functionality will rest in the old Developer Portal and some in the new infrastructure.
The link below provides information regarding the feature development schedule and where you can find the various bits of functionality.
The current implementation supports:
- Project, release, and review metadata;
- Simultaneous release participation;
- Intellectual Property Contribution Questionnaires; and
- Project lead elections
The Developer Portal is still used for:
- Committer elections;
- Committer retirement (emeritus designation); and
- Intellectual Property Contribution Questionnaires