Polarsys Industry Working Group
To be moved to PolarSys web site
The announcement of Polarsys in November 2011 is an achievement of a story that started in 2005. The goal is to organize the open source and business ecosystem around tools for the development of dependable embedded systems in order to create better tooling and to enable long term support for these tools.
As described in the Polarsys proposal, the group address four main aspects:
- Open Innovation to create better methods and tools
- Computer Assistance and Automation with a focus on Model Based System Engineering
- Certification to ease the tools qualification in complex certification processes
- Very Long Term Support because Embedded Systems and tools may be maintained for 40 years or more
The Polarsys Charter describes the governance and the different services of Polarsys.
Already moved to http://polarsys.org/community
Polarsys discussions occur on two mailing lists:
- Main Polarsys mailing list for general discussions and discussions about Polarsys processes.
- Polarsys infra mailing list for discussions about the Polarsys collaboration infrastructure.
- Polarsys proposal / Decide with Mike where to put it
- Polarsys Charter / Already linked from [http://polarsys.org/governance]
- Polarsys participation agreement (June 2012) /
- Polarsys Pitch
Meetings and Events
March 13th - March 14th: Bilbao Face2Face Meeting
March 28th afternoon: Polarsys Meeting at ECON 2012
May 23rd - May 24th : Polarsys meeting before EDT 2012
October 22nd: Polarsys Meeting at Econ Europe 2012
- Presentation done by Ralph Mueller and Gaël Blondelle at ERTS2 2012 in Toulouse on Thursday February 2nd