Polarsys Industry Working Group
The announcement of Polarsys in November 2011 is an achievement of a story that started in 2005. The goal is to organize the open source and business ecosystem around tools for the development of dependable embedded systems in order to create better tooling and to enable long term support for these tools.
As described in the Polarsys proposal, the group address four main aspects:
- Open Innovation to create better methods and tools
- Computer Assistance and Automation with a focus on Model Based System Engineering
- Certification to ease the tools qualification in complex certification processes
- Very Long Term Support because Embedded Systems and tools may be maintained for 40 years or more
The Polarsys Charter describes the governance and the different services of Polarsys.
Polarsys discussions occur on two mailing lists:
- Main Polarsys mailing list for general discussions and discussions about Polarsys processes.
- Polarsys infra mailing list for discussions about the Polarsys collaboration infrastructure.
Meetings and Events
March 13th - March 14th: Bilbao Face2Face Meeting
March 28th afternoon: Polarsys Meeting at ECON 2012
May 22nd - May 23rd: Polarsys meeting before EDT 2012
October 22nd: Polarsys Meeting at Econ Europe 2012
- 2012 EMF Compare Scalability, Usability, Review Integration
- 2012 Papyrus Profile Management, Themes/Preferences, Flexible Drag and drop, Documentation!
- Logical Model support in EGit
- UML Comparison in EMF Compare and Papyrus
- Migration tools for MDT Papyrus
- Mylyn Modeling Bridge
- Contribute Topcased OCL Checker/Evaluator to MDT OCL
- Adapt Topcased generic features to MDT Papyrus and Ecore Tools
- Migrate the UML2 component from UM2.2 to UML2.4.1 compliance