Polarsys Industry Working Group
The announcement of Polarsys in November 2011 is an achievement of a story that started in 2005. The objective is to organize the open source and business ecosystem around tools for the development of dependable embedded systems in order to create better tooling and to enable long term support for these tools.
As described in the Polarsys proposal, the group address four main aspects:
- Open Innovation to create better methods and tools
- Computer Assistance and Automation with a focus on Model Based System Engineering
- Certification to ease the tools qualification in complex certification processe
- Very Long Term Support because Embedded Systems and tools may be matinained for 40 years or more
The Polarsys Charter describes the governance and the different services of Polarsys.
Polarsys discussions occur on two mailing lists:
- Main Polarsys mailing list for general discussions and discussions about Polarsys processes.
- Polarsys infra mailing list for discussions about the Polarsys collaboration infrastructure.