Polarsys Industry Working Group
The announcement of Polarsys in November 2011 is an achievement of a story that started in 2005. The objective is to organize the open source and business ecosystem around tools for the development of dependable embedded systems in order to create better tooling and to enable long term support for these tools.
As described in the Polarsys proposal, the group address four main aspects:
- Open Innovation to create better Model Based System Engineering methods and tools.
- Certification to ease the tools qualification in complex certification processes.
- Very Long Term Support because Embedded Systems and tools may be matinained for 40 years or more.
Polarsys discussions occur on two mailing lists:
- Main Polarsys mailing list for general discussions and discussions about Polarsys processes.
- Polarsys infra mailing list for discussions about the Polarsys collaboration infrastructure.