PluginFest 2007/WR Klockwork
- WR: Martin Oberhuber, Doug Gaff
- Klocwork: David Goldman, Sergey Bushkov
- Products tested
- WB 2.6
- Klocwork 7.5
- Overall Result
- Everything worked
- Installed Klocwork into WB
- Ran Klocwork against a couple of source files. Klocwork found a bug in one of the files. Fixed and reran to verify success. Added include paths to pick up header files that Klocwork couldn't find.
- Ran kwinject at command line to get the includes and defines. Tested running kwinject with Workbench managed build and flexible build.
- Enhancement: Klocwork needs a way to get additional build settings (includes, defines) programmatically from projects in order to pass this information to the parsing engine. Klocwork needs a common API, though, preferably based on CDT. Wind River will need to support this API.
- Enhancement: ability to change include path order in project's Klocwork properties.
- Enhancement: Would be nice to allow navigation from the Klocwork Log Console. In the WB example, the parser didn't like a line in one of the header files where we were using a non-standard compiler extension, but we couldn't navigate to it from the Klocwork Log Console.