Platform UI Test Plan for 4.3 M3
The goal of this test pass is to achieve full coverage of the SDK to get a good overall picture on the state of the build.
- Welcome/Intro has been re-enabled. Please test:
- opening an empty workspace
- installing something like EGit that should cause the welcome to re-appear
- The new Customize Perspective Dialog
- RCP - the ide now has several optional plug-ins. Try making RCP apps with the ide and no optional plug-ins.
- Try and create feature based RCP apps. org.eclipse.rcp is the main feature, and org.eclipse.e4.rcp contains all of the Eclipse4 bundles.
- IDE - ensure that external modification followed by a refresh (F5) works as expected
- check for graphics that need to be updated
Also see the [Component Test Areas] plan. I've updated the document so please test some of the functionality in your area.
Mac Mountain Lion
- Michael Rennie
- Brian de Alwis
Vista or Windows 7
- Eric Moffatt
- Curtis Windatt (Win 7 x64)
- Paul Webster, Bogdan Gheorge