This page contains blue sky thinking about the kind of things we would like to see in the immediate future of the Platform UI component. This is a place to collect ideas - it does not represent a commitment to implement the ideas.
We usually spend time on all of the following.
- Testing (both manual testing, and improving the test suites)
- Bug fixing
- Exposing existing functionality as API where necessary (e.g. when important functionality required access to internals)
- Internationalization, BiDi
- Reliability / Stability / Security
- Currency (new platforms, new versions of SWT, ICU4J, ...)
- The properties view does not allow a user to look at the properties of multiple items at the same time. We would like the ability to pin a properties view to one object and be able to open a different properties view for a different object, so they can be compared. (proposed)
- The usefulness of working sets is limited by the fact they are not team sharable. An option to tag resources with the information, or the ability to generate a project with the working set info could be implemented. (proposed)