Platform-releng/Publish to Maven Central
We publish Eclipse platform(includes equinox), PDE and JDT(including ECJ) to maven central. This document describes the process used.
Getting user accounts
1. Create user account using https://issues.sonatype.org/secure/Signup!default.jspa
2. Create a issue on Jira to get permissions for platform, JDT and PDE projects. Ref: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-43870 for template
When user runs stage 1 copy and rename job(https://ci.eclipse.org/releng/job/eclipse.releng.renameAndPromote/) the final release URLs for the eclipse release gets created. We use these URLs in this process.
1. Update https://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.git/tree/publish-to-maven-central/SDK4Mvn.aggr with the new URLs. Please makesure to update not only eclipse urls but emf and orbit as well
2. Update https://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.git/tree/publish-to-maven-central/properties.sh with new build versions and repo locations
3. Run https://ci.eclipse.org/releng/view/Publish%20to%20Maven%20Central/job/CBIaggregator/ job. This will create an intermediate repo conforming to maven central. This also created baseline-next.txt for later use. This can be found in the workspace root.
4. Run https://ci.eclipse.org/releng/view/Publish%20to%20Maven%20Central/job/PublishJDTtoMaven.Neon/, https://ci.eclipse.org/releng/view/Publish%20to%20Maven%20Central/job/PublishPDEToMaven.Neon/ and https://ci.eclipse.org/releng/view/Publish%20to%20Maven%20Central/job/PublishPlatformToMaven.Neon/ to publish to maven central's staging repo. The parameter required is the build number from https://ci.eclipse.org/releng/view/Publish%20to%20Maven%20Central/job/CBIaggregator/ please provide last successful build's number.
5. Replace contents of https://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.git/tree/publish-to-maven-central/baseline.txt with the contents of baseline-next.txt created in step 3.
6. Close the maven staging repos by logging in to https://oss.sonatype.org/#stagingRepositories, selecting Repositories orgeclipsejdt-*, orgeclipsepde-*, orgeclipseplatform-* and clicking on close button.
7. Release these repos by selecting them and click on release.
OSS sonatype https://oss.sonatype.org/#welcome
Help on closing and release https://central.sonatype.org/pages/releasing-the-deployment.html