Difference between revisions of "Platform-releng/Galileo"
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
== Legend ==
== Legend ==
Latest revision as of 15:15, 7 July 2009
Platform Release Engineering Galileo Plan
This document is a work in progress describing the major changes that we would like to make during the Galileo release cycle.
Built for speed, faster tests we need
- Run build with 1.6 vm to take advantage of compiler performance on multi-core processors Bug 237354
- Run tests in parallel on several machines to reduce testing time Bug 247320
- Provide an releng product download to allow people can replicate our build environment.Bug 247324
- Invoke builds from web ui authenticated by eclipse committer rights Bug 247332
- Make build scripts more modular to allow shorter test runs bug 247330
- Mentor a new release engineer
- Investigate generic templates for complex build changes such as adding a new port and packaging. Bug 247334
- Implement prebuild validators Bug 64797
- Implement code coverage tools Bug 241254
Further leverage p2 and enhancements to PDE build
- See PDE Build Galileo plan - for example, parallel compilation, fetch using p2, p2 as the packager etc.
Blue sky ideas
- incremental build from p2 repository
- compile and sign at foundation, package locally, depends on availability of the eight vms we use
- Evaluate if platforms, or zips can be removed from the build, with scripts to build with p2
- Allow developers to contribute machines for testing
- RSS feeds for performance tests, JUnit tests
- Incremental test results
- Expose all our infrastructure to open source
We are still working on allocating resources to the milestone plan.
- Run build with 1.6 vm Bug 237354 Kim Moir, IBM
- Evaluate common failures determine how they can be mitigated. Rewrite if necessary. Bug 247327 Kim Moir, IBM
- JUnit 4 in test framework Bug 153429 Kim Moir, IBM
- Make build scripts more modular to allow shorter test runs bug 247330 Kim Moir, IBM
- 3.4.x performance baselines Bug 245693
- Further leverage p2 and enhancements to PDE build introduced in M3. See PDE Build Galileo plan - for example, parallel compilation and fetch using p2.
- Add macosx cocoa x86 and cocoa x86_64 builds. bug 256459
- Add support for new OSGi/Minimum-1.2 Execution Environment bug 253030
- test composite repositories in build bug 261565
- Implement composite repositories bug 261565
- Test changes to switch build to using p2 publisher bug 266488
- Implement solaris.gtk.x86 builds bug 272211
- Added s390 and s390x early access builds bug 269420