- 1 Sample Releng Project
Sample Releng Project
This document describes the recipe ingredients you need to assemble to run your build in a similar manner to the platform builds. The assumption is that that you have already created plugins and features that you would like to contribute to the build.
Draft - Last updated March 16, 2006
- CVS, Zip and tar executables.
- A Linux build machine.
- JUnit or Performance Test machines.
- JDKs to compile against and run the build.
- A runtime and/or sdk feature
- A test feature
- A map file project
- A builder project that includes files to feed PDE Build: build.properties and customTargets.xml, packaging scripts if required
- Build bootstrap script
- A master ant script to control the build from start to finish
- The org.eclipse.releng.basebuilder project from dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/eclipse
- Publishing scripts
- Infrastructure to distribute your build.
Create a map file project
For example, firstname.lastname@example.org=v20060314-0800,:pserver:email@example.com:/your/cvsroot, firstname.lastname@example.org=v20060317-0800,:pserver:email@example.com:/your/cvsroot, firstname.lastname@example.org=v20060318-1200,:pserver:email@example.com:/your/cvsroot, firstname.lastname@example.org=v20060321-1330:pserver:email@example.com:/your/cvsroot,
Create your builder project
Define build.properties and customTargets.xml to feed PDE Build.
Create your build bootstrap script
Actual platform bootstrap script is here http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/*checkout*/org.eclipse.releng.eclipsebuilder/Attic/bootstrap.sh?rev=220.127.116.11&only_with_tag=releng_test&content-type=text/plain
Create a master ant script controls build from start to finish
The platform master script is here...
Check out org.eclipse.releng.basebuilder
cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/eclipse co org.eclipse.releng.basebuilder
We recommend that you use the latest stable tag. Look here
for the latest stable tag.