- 1 Sample Releng Project
- 1.1 Ingredients
- 1.2 Create a runtime and/or sdk feature
- 1.3 Create a a test feature
- 1.4 Create a map file project
- 1.5 Create your builder project
- 1.6 Create your build bootstrap script
- 1.7 Create a master ant script controls build from start to finish
- 1.8 Check out org.eclipse.releng.basebuilder
- 1.9 Modify existing publishing scripts or create your own :-)
Sample Releng Project
This document describes the recipe ingredients you need to assemble to run your build in a similar manner to the platform builds. The assumption is that that you have already created plugins and features that you would like to contribute to the build.
Draft - Last updated March 16, 2006
- CVS, Zip and tar executables (for Linux only).
- It is recommended that you build on a Linux machine to avoid permissions issues.
Create a runtime and/or sdk feature
Create a a test feature
Create a map file project
For example, email@example.com=v20060314-0800,:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/your/cvsroot, email@example.com=v20060317-0800,:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/your/cvsroot, email@example.com=v20060318-1200,:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/your/cvsroot, email@example.com=v20060321-1330:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/your/cvsroot,
Create your builder project
Define build.properties and customTargets.xml to feed PDE Build.
Create your build bootstrap script
Actual platform bootstrap script is here http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/*checkout*/org.eclipse.releng.eclipsebuilder/Attic/bootstrap.sh?rev=188.8.131.52&only_with_tag=releng_test&content-type=text/plain
Create a master ant script controls build from start to finish
The platform master script is here...
Check out org.eclipse.releng.basebuilder
cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/eclipse co org.eclipse.releng.basebuilder
We recommend that you use the latest stable tag. Look here
for the latest stable tag.