Planning for ECF 3.6
It's time to start doing community planning for ECF 3.6 and subsequent releases. This page will allow ECF committers and/or community members to list possible areas for new and/or continuing work that could be targeted to ECF 3.6 and/or subsequent releases.
Potential Plan Items for ECF 3.6
Committers and contributors: Please put your name (in bold) by the items that you expect/able to contribute to over the next 2.5 months (from Jan 2013 to early March 2013)
- Introduce SIP provider and improve/update/extend the ECF call API (VOIP/telephony)
- Scott: Enable easier creation and use of Equinox+ECF remote services-based Server Runtimes
- The contributions from Tishan (on the Salvo Newsreader) and Jasintha (remote services testing) from their recently completed Google SOC projects.
- Scott: Support for SSL for ECF generic provider bug
- More/better documentation bug
- Scott (additional help wanted for this): Test for regression and have Equinox/p2 use (in Kepler) the newly added Apache httpclient 4-based filetransfer provider
- Resolutions/closing for as many bugs as possible bug
- Scott: More/alternative distributions (p2 repos) for ECF (e.g. p2 repo/plugins targeted to server-side...and/or virgo)
- ScottNew/more examples for Restlet-based provider, and perhaps a build/p2 repo to build/deploy Restlet provider (for remote services) Restlet Provider at GitHub
- New/improved discovery providers?
- More apps/examples for OSGi remote services
- Markus: Get Bucky build working again (adhere to the EF security policy)
Harshana Eranga Martin
- Moving Salvo: News Reader toward Tycho based Maven build. (Harshana Eranga Martin) Harshana' Fork Location
- Moving Salvo to e4 (Wim Jongman)
Please contribute and add things not listed above here!