Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Planning Council/September 4 2013"

(Luna Planning)
(Members and Attendees)
Line 40: Line 40:
 
| Dani Megert  
 
| Dani Megert  
 
| Eclipse (PMC)  
 
| Eclipse (PMC)  
|
+
| Y
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Steffen Pingel  
 
| Steffen Pingel  
 
| Mylyn (ALM) PMC  
 
| Mylyn (ALM) PMC  
|
+
| Y
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Brian Payton  
 
| Brian Payton  
Line 52: Line 52:
 
| Doug Schaefer
 
| Doug Schaefer
 
| Tools (PMC)  
 
| Tools (PMC)  
|
+
| Y
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Adrian Mos (Marc Dutoo )
 
| Adrian Mos (Marc Dutoo )
Line 64: Line 64:
 
| Ian Bull
 
| Ian Bull
 
| Rt (PMC)  
 
| Rt (PMC)  
|
+
| Y
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Chuck Bridgham  
 
| Chuck Bridgham  
 
| WTP (PMC)   
 
| WTP (PMC)   
|
+
| Y
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Gary Xue  
 
| Gary Xue  
Line 76: Line 76:
 
| Wayne Beaton  
 
| Wayne Beaton  
 
| Eclipse Foundation (appointed)  
 
| Eclipse Foundation (appointed)  
|  
+
|
 
|-
 
|-
 
| David Williams  
 
| David Williams  
Line 92: Line 92:
 
| Neil Hauge  
 
| Neil Hauge  
 
| Oracle (Strategic Developer)  
 
| Oracle (Strategic Developer)  
|  
+
|
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Stephan Merker
 
| Stephan Merker
 
| SAP AG (Strategic Developer)  
 
| SAP AG (Strategic Developer)  
|
+
| Y
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Markus Knauer  
 
| Markus Knauer  

Revision as of 11:58, 4 September 2013

Logistics

Meeting Title: Planning Council Conference Call
Date & Time: Wednesday, September 4, 2013, at 1200 Noon Eastern
Dial in: (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)

Phone Numbers: (Check Asterisk/Numbers for more or current phone numbers.)

For all phone lines: Participant conference extension: 710 then enter pin 35498
  • Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-454-1403
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992 (new number), 1-877-369-7806 (old number)
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) +49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) +33-17-070-8535
  • UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806
  • Switzerland (local call anywhere in Switzerland) +41-44-580-2115
  • SIP clients:
call 710@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 35498.

Members and Attendees

PMC (and Strategic) Reps
Chris Aniszczyk Technology (PMC)
Dani Megert Eclipse (PMC) Y
Steffen Pingel Mylyn (ALM) PMC Y
Brian Payton Datatools (PMC)
Doug Schaefer Tools (PMC) Y
Adrian Mos (Marc Dutoo ) SOA (PMC) D
Ed Merks Modeling (PMC)
Ian Bull Rt (PMC) Y
Chuck Bridgham WTP (PMC) Y
Gary Xue Birt (PMC)
Wayne Beaton Eclipse Foundation (appointed) Y
David Williams (appointed Chair) Y
Strategic Reps
Cedric Brun OBEO (Strategic Developer)
Neil Hauge Oracle (Strategic Developer) Y
Stephan Merker SAP AG (Strategic Developer) Y
Markus Knauer Innoopract (Strategic Developer)
Markus Tiede BREDEX (Strategic Developer)
Rajeev Dayal Google (Strategic Developer)
(PMC rep) Actuate (Strategic Developer) X
(PMC rep) IBM (Strategic Developer) X
Inactive
[no name] CA Inc. (Strategic Consumer) X

Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.

Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected

Announcements

  •  ?

Kepler SR1

  • Two (known, approved) exceptions to "new features in SR1": Linux Tools, Stardust
  • Any issues?

Luna Planning

  • Topics for possible discussion:
  • Who should we scold the most for not communicating well? :)
  • Change policy on disabling all in M1 to require "actively joining"?
Key aspects:
Projects to send note to cross-project list. (How to handle "individual projects" vs. those that release as a "group", e.g. WTP?, Platform?)
Planning Council (or, Wayne) enters their "entry" and +n date in database.
Deadline? M4 seems "late" for those already in? We've said "once in, always in". Hence, how does this interact with "disabling in aggregation"?
  • Should "we" say anything about Java 5 vs. Java 6? (Have we already?)
  • Should we revisit the policy about "release one month prior to SR"?
  • How can (or should) we better capture what new features are in an SR for adopters awareness?

On going discussions

[Can we turn this first one into an action item, owned by someone?]

  • Do we need, or how can we help enable, "more frequent releases"? Including what, exactly, that means. Such as, currently projects can release whenever they want, but the issue seemed to be on EPP packages and/or "prime real estate" of "Eclipse Foundations Downloads" page?
  • Doug mentioned taking over releng role? (Was going to work on prototype before making specific proposal) [Doug]

Progress on Action Items

  • Editing of "Requirements Document"? (Dani and Neil)
  • GSoC project for "Development Channel"? (Wayne)
  • Improved "aggregator examples/doc". (dw -- no progress).
  • [Orbit plan "by end of August". (dw -- no progress -- will likely be late, still "in September")]
  • Need to improve Luna wiki page (dw)

Kepler Retrospective

For reference, see Planning_Council/Juno_retrospective.

  • what worked:


  • what could be better:

Next Meeting

  • October 2, 2013 - Regular First Wednesday Meeting

Reference

EclipseCon face-to-face follow-through action items. For original meeting notes, see Planning_Council/March_24_2013 and for discussion leading to action items, see Planning_Council/April_10_2013. For last status update, see Planning_Council/May_8_2013.
Luna Wiki page
Kepler Wiki page
Planning Council/Juno retrospective
Planning Council Members
Simultaneous Release Roles and Simultaneous Release Roles/EMO