Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Planning Council/September 12 2018"

(Created page with "Coming soon.")
 
(Notes)
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Coming soon.
+
== Logistics ==
 +
 
 +
{| cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" border="1"
 +
|-
 +
| Meeting Title:
 +
| '''Planning Council Conference Call'''
 +
|-
 +
| Date & Time:
 +
| Wednesday, Sep 12, 2018, at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2018&month=09&day=12&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=179 11:00 EDT]
 +
|- valign="top"
 +
| Dial in:
 +
| Topic: Planning Council Meeting
 +
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
 +
 
 +
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/928841320
 +
 
 +
Or iPhone one-tap :
 +
    US: +16699006833,,928841320#  or +14086380968,,928841320#
 +
Or Telephone:
 +
    Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
 +
        US: +1 669 900 6833  or +1 408 638 0968  or +1 646 876 9923
 +
        Canada: +1 647 558 0588
 +
        France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188
 +
        Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188
 +
        United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088
 +
        Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988
 +
        Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488
 +
        Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88
 +
        Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288
 +
    Meeting ID: 928 841 320
 +
    International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=DufCm8dm7aEOYkLMWpY6qLgJMUtWhOnf
 +
|}
 +
 
 +
== Members  ==
 +
 
 +
Temporary Planning Council Chair: Nick Boldt
 +
Planning Council Chair: Melanie Bats (returns Dec 2018)
 +
 
 +
=== Eclipse Foundation ===
 +
*  Wayne Beaton
 +
*  Frederic Gurr
 +
*  Mikael Barbero
 +
 
 +
=== Strategic Members ===
 +
*  CA Technologies
 +
*  CEA LIST
 +
*  Ericsson AB (Marc-Andre Laperle)
 +
*  IBM (Thomas Watson)
 +
*  itemis AG (Alexander Nyssen)
 +
*  Obeo (Melanie Bats)
 +
*  Oracle (Neil Hauge)
 +
*  Red Hat, Inc. (Nick Boldt)
 +
*  Robert Bosch GmbH
 +
*  SAP SE (Stephan Merker)
 +
 
 +
=== PMC Representatives ===
 +
*  Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) PMC (Gary Xue)
 +
*  Data Tools Platform PMC (Brian Payton)
 +
*  Eclipse Cloud Development PMC (Martin Lippert)
 +
*  Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)
 +
*  IoT
 +
*  LocationTech Technology
 +
*  Eclipse Modeling Project PMC (Ed Merks)
 +
*  Mylyn (Application Lifecycle Tools) PMC (Sam Davis)
 +
*  PolarSys
 +
*  Eclipse Runtime Project (RT) PMC
 +
*  Eclipse Science
 +
*  Service Oriented Architecture PMC (Adrian Mos)
 +
*  Technology PMC (Chris Aniszczyk)
 +
*  Tools Project PMC (Aleksandar Kurtakov)
 +
*  Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) PMC (Carl Anderson)
 +
 
 +
== Previous meeting minutes ==
 +
* Review [[Planning_Council| previous meeting minutes]] if you'd like. That is, review them before the meeting, but if questions or issues with previous minutes, this would be a good time to bring them up.
 +
 
 +
== Attendance ==
 +
 
 +
Nick Boldt, Wayne Beaton, Frederic Gurr, Pierre Charles David, Dani Megert, Tom Watson
 +
 
 +
== Agenda ==
 +
 
 +
None posted in advance.
 +
 
 +
== Regrets ==
 +
 
 +
== Notes ==
 +
 
 +
=== [Fred] Simrel status: green ===
 +
 
 +
* Small issues w/ aggregation
 +
** Missing repo from RAP? Pipeline not notifying committers when breaks happen. AI: Fred to fix today
 +
* Gerrit trigger not compatible with pipeline job, so freestyle job enabled instead for gerrit reviews
 +
* HIPPs being flaky last couple days, not impacting simrel, just upstream projects
 +
 
 +
=== [Wayne] Release review status: yellow? ===
 +
 
 +
* Unsure if everyone has declared & approached EMO for reviews
 +
* Concerned with projects ”breezing in late”, ie., changing things between RCx and Final? BIRT did this for Photon.
 +
** To prevent this, the aggregation pipeline job is disabled to prevent new stuff being aggregated after RC
 +
* Opt in date - is it still reasonable?
 +
BIRT still using their Photon contribution - is that cause for alarm (project dormant), or does it demonstrate stability (nothing needs changing between quarterly releases) ? More importantly, how do we know?
 +
* Arch council planning to change process for release reviews annually, not quarterly. IP rules not changing. See [https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg15971.html cross-projects list] for more info.

Latest revision as of 11:41, 12 September 2018

Logistics

Meeting Title: Planning Council Conference Call
Date & Time: Wednesday, Sep 12, 2018, at 11:00 EDT
Dial in: Topic: Planning Council Meeting

Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/928841320

Or iPhone one-tap :

   US: +16699006833,,928841320#  or +14086380968,,928841320# 

Or Telephone:

   Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
       US: +1 669 900 6833  or +1 408 638 0968  or +1 646 876 9923 
       Canada: +1 647 558 0588 
       France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 
       Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 
       United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 
       Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 
       Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 
       Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 
       Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 
   Meeting ID: 928 841 320
   International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=DufCm8dm7aEOYkLMWpY6qLgJMUtWhOnf 

Members

Temporary Planning Council Chair: Nick Boldt Planning Council Chair: Melanie Bats (returns Dec 2018)

Eclipse Foundation

  • Wayne Beaton
  • Frederic Gurr
  • Mikael Barbero

Strategic Members

  • CA Technologies
  • CEA LIST
  • Ericsson AB (Marc-Andre Laperle)
  • IBM (Thomas Watson)
  • itemis AG (Alexander Nyssen)
  • Obeo (Melanie Bats)
  • Oracle (Neil Hauge)
  • Red Hat, Inc. (Nick Boldt)
  • Robert Bosch GmbH
  • SAP SE (Stephan Merker)

PMC Representatives

  • Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) PMC (Gary Xue)
  • Data Tools Platform PMC (Brian Payton)
  • Eclipse Cloud Development PMC (Martin Lippert)
  • Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)
  • IoT
  • LocationTech Technology
  • Eclipse Modeling Project PMC (Ed Merks)
  • Mylyn (Application Lifecycle Tools) PMC (Sam Davis)
  • PolarSys
  • Eclipse Runtime Project (RT) PMC
  • Eclipse Science
  • Service Oriented Architecture PMC (Adrian Mos)
  • Technology PMC (Chris Aniszczyk)
  • Tools Project PMC (Aleksandar Kurtakov)
  • Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) PMC (Carl Anderson)

Previous meeting minutes

  • Review previous meeting minutes if you'd like. That is, review them before the meeting, but if questions or issues with previous minutes, this would be a good time to bring them up.

Attendance

Nick Boldt, Wayne Beaton, Frederic Gurr, Pierre Charles David, Dani Megert, Tom Watson

Agenda

None posted in advance.

Regrets

Notes

[Fred] Simrel status: green

  • Small issues w/ aggregation
    • Missing repo from RAP? Pipeline not notifying committers when breaks happen. AI: Fred to fix today
  • Gerrit trigger not compatible with pipeline job, so freestyle job enabled instead for gerrit reviews
  • HIPPs being flaky last couple days, not impacting simrel, just upstream projects

[Wayne] Release review status: yellow?

  • Unsure if everyone has declared & approached EMO for reviews
  • Concerned with projects ”breezing in late”, ie., changing things between RCx and Final? BIRT did this for Photon.
    • To prevent this, the aggregation pipeline job is disabled to prevent new stuff being aggregated after RC
  • Opt in date - is it still reasonable?

BIRT still using their Photon contribution - is that cause for alarm (project dormant), or does it demonstrate stability (nothing needs changing between quarterly releases) ? More importantly, how do we know?

  • Arch council planning to change process for release reviews annually, not quarterly. IP rules not changing. See cross-projects list for more info.

Back to the top