Planning Council/September 07 2011
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, September 07, 2011, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.|
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members we have not heard from in a year or so, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
X = not expected
Primary purpose is to brainstorm; to capture good and bad aspects of Indigo Simultaneous Release. While we want items to be actionable, we do not want to "judge" or get distracted by finding solutions, in this initial meeting.
We'll capture notes in Planning Council/Indigo_retrospective.
Before the meeting, please review last year's notes.
4.2 vs. 3.8
We will have 4.2 as primary (hence the one used for EPP Packages) but ask participating projects to have a clear plan item titled, exactly, "Support for Eclipse 3.8 workbench" where possible descriptions might be similar to:
- Not at all. No support for 3.8 based apps.
- We will accept bugs against 3.8 based apps, but do not test or compile against it.
- We will compile against and somewhat test 3.8, though 4.2 is primary.
- We will support 3.8 as well as 4.2, but the exact functionality may differ.
- We will support 3.8 and 4.2 equally.
- October 5, 2011 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).