Planning Council/November 6 2013
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, November 6, 2013, at 1200 Noon Eastern|
|Dial in:|| (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)
Phone Numbers: (Check Asterisk/Numbers for more or current phone numbers.)
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- Review and decide on new format of [Proposed Requirements Document]
Progress on Action Items
- GSoC project for "Development Channel"? (Wayne)
- While GSoC is over, for a year, Wayne will at least recall history and open a bug for this..
- Improved "aggregator examples/doc". (dw -- no progress).
- [Orbit plan "by end of August". (dw -- no progress)]
- Complete Google Calendar. (dw)
- Compute Luna SR dates. (dw)
For reference, see Planning_Council/Juno_retrospective.
- what worked:
- what could be better:
- For both categories, it was felt most had "already been said" (in our on going meetings or previous retrospectives).
- But one new concern was brought up: That "release engineering" is not a very "diverse team" (Markus and David) ... and the concern was "what do we do if they stop doing it". While no one volunteered to help :) it was taken as a valid point to document. Briefly discussed "getting help from Eclipse Foundation", but at same time we wanted it to remain a "community driven" activity in general ... that is, those that have a vested interest in producing and consuming the release should be "in charge" ... and not become a "corporate activity". But, perhaps there could be some help with tools, and similar from Eclipse Foundation? Should b3 aggregator or EPP build become part of "CBI project"? At a minimum, need to make sure some of the process and mechanics are well documented so others could "take over" when necessary.
- November 6, 2013 - Regular First Wednesday Meeting
- EclipseCon face-to-face follow-through action items. For original meeting notes, see Planning_Council/March_24_2013 and for discussion leading to action items, see Planning_Council/April_10_2013. For last status update, see Planning_Council/May_8_2013.