Planning Council/November 07 2012
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, November 07, 2012, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial in:|| (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- SR2 to get active in January
Kepler Requirements Planning
- Begin discussion of requirements, if changes needed. To the extent possible, I suggest we start with high level issues this month (such as, should any be added, removed?) and perhaps finish up with wording changes for clarification (if any) next month.
- Didn't discuss much. I brought up issue of low compliance to "greediness" issue, and as far as I know, to define everything in features is the only way for adopters to provide patches ... so ... either I need education, or better educate others on why important? Or ... maybe others don't need patches? What's alternative? New release? (which, adopters can not do "on their own", typically, such as for a "hot fix" for one customer).
- Any discussion about bug 392098 - Include workswith in simultaneous release?
- I closed as "won't fix", but glad to hear any further discussion or opinions.
- December 5, 2012 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).