Planning Council/May 8 2013
- 1 Logistics
- 2 Members and Attendees
- 3 Announcements
- 4 Kepler
- 5 EclipseCon face-to-face follow-through action items
- 6 Next Meeting
- 7 Reference
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, May 08, 2013, at 1200 Noon Eastern|
|Dial in:|| (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)
Phone Numbers: (Check Asterisk/Numbers for more or current phone numbers.)
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- New members:
- Rajeev Dayal, Google (Strategic Member rep)
- Stephan Merker, SAP AG (Strategic Member rep)
- Chuck Bridgham: WTP PMC (PMC rep)
- Critical IP/review dates announced.
- For details, see this cross-project post from Wayne.
- In brief,
- May 24/2013 - Deadline to submit IP Logs for Kepler releases
- June 5/2013 - PMC-approved Review materials submitted to EMO
- June 12/2013 - Kepler Uber Release review
- June 26/2013 - Kepler release
- Make sure the projects you represent subscribe to cross-project list.
M7 and "end game"
- Be aware that EGit is moving to "3.0" in M7.
EclipseCon face-to-face follow-through action items
Policy on new releases joining SR
- dw to update current policy on new releases joining SR in Policy FAQ. Done. See Policy FAQ.
dw to come up with "perfect example". Add to wiki, send to Wayne and Than, and see if some way "CBI" maven task could produce, from template, as part of build output.
dw better educate. Give perfect example on wiki. Emphasize non-changing repos. Give "acceptable" example on wiki. Give "unacceptable" examples on wiki.
dw create "report of changes" from one build to another, one repo to another, so a) individual projects could see if things changed when they should not have; b) PMCs, Team Leads, Planning council could better observe "big picture" of how much change there was, especially related to changes in build input files.
dw start to tag build file project, each build (so we could diff build files).
wayne to add item to release review that "there must be a retention policy" (it should cover how long repos stay around, such as milestone repos, and also via ?education? emphasis that it must be "non-changing".) And then Planning Council can add extra rules for sim. release, if necessary.
Release train rules documentation
John and Neil volunteered to improve. The idea is to provide briefer version, but still (probably via hyperlinks?) allow readers to find out "reasons" for a rule. This would be for Luna (due in Fall, after Kepler release).
Release train rhythm
Wayne volunteered to add suggestion/idea to GSOC database to make some user friendly way that users could say "I want to follow beta releases" ... this would add the "current" development stream URL to update sites, so they'd get updates from milestones, without having to know about it, and manually add it.
The Orbit Project Lead (dw) agreed to a plan for a plan ... a plan will be created after Kepler release, by end of August (since July often a "slow" month) ... and implemented in the months after that.
- June 5, 2013 - Regular First Wednesday Meeting - out last before release
- July -- No meeting in July - we will be relaxing after release
- August 7, 2013 - Regular First Wednesday Meeting ... almost time for SR1!