Difference between revisions of "Planning Council/March 21 2010"
(→Process and seed list for Helios +1)
|Line 224:||Line 224:|
== ToDo Items ==
== ToDo Items ==
Revision as of 11:36, 21 March 2010
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call - EclispeCon F2F|
|Date & Time:||Sunday, March 21, 2010, at UTC 2100 / 2:00 PM local time (Pacific, this time)|
|Location:||Bayshore room of the Hyatt Santa Clara.|
PMC (and Strategic) Reps
- We require a repository, and we require an optimized repository, but turns out "what is a repository" is not agreed to by everyone. See bug 306300 and its predecessor bug 305939.
- Do we (Planning Council) agree on what a repository is?
- Is it fair to dictate/clarify that definition (now), for projects that want to participate in Simultaneous Release?
- has anyone investigated using unpack from a (pre-release) Java 7? Anyone willing to? See bug 290648
- Should we make (all) jars files available from common repository? (we currently remove some, when they have a pack.gz file, to save space).
A new Aggregator is (nearly) ready for testing. I hope to run the new one in parallel with old one. Currently, I'd be reluctant to change the "official" one, this late in the cycle, unless there's really good, important reasons to.
Tracking progress and compliance
How is your tracking going?
PMC Representatives: please be prepared to give brief (verbal) summary of the state of your projects. (such as, how many participating, anyone "late" on required or optional things like Accessibility checklists, which were due by end of M6?)
What should "summaries" show?
Process and seed list for Helios +1
See Last year's bug bug 271054
Rules and procedure for Helios +1 :
Must be Greater than "H" (not too much greater, to leave room for later alphabetized names) but no strict rule that is has to be literally "I" or "J".
Preference given to names that fit the "moon", "gods", or "scientists" themes we've had so far but no strict rule.
We will have cross-project bugzilla open to solicit names until April 8. Then a series of doodle polls to pick top choice. We will have multiple doodle polls, vote until majority achieved (anyone know of a voting site that allows first, second, third choice? with "built in" runoff votes?)
TODO: open bug this evening, so can be discussed at EclipseCon
Planning council will remove any they deem "unsuitable" (as always).
Final choice made by May 7 (Helios M7).
Planning Council seed list:
Anything to discuss for next year's release?
Things to add/change/remove?
How to handle "3.7 stream" vs. "e4 stream"?
- create (and update) helios container plan (Wayne (re) volunteered)
- provide concrete instructions for (new) license-consistency requirement ... before M6? (John Arthorne).
- Reminder: face-face EclipseCon meeting 2:00 to 3:00 (local time) on the Sunday before EclispeCon (3/21) in the Bayshore room of the Hyatt Santa Clara.
- Followed by "joint meeting" with other councils.
- April 7, Wednesday, Noon Eastern Time.