Planning Council/March 20 2011
Introduction and Introductions
This is our annual, traditional EclipseCon Face-Face Meetings, Sunday, March 20, At Hyatt, Napa Room.
- 3-4 (Pacific Time) PC face-to-face meeting
- 4-5 (Pacific Time) Joint Councils Meeting (See Donald's note to list).
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council EclipseCon face-to-face meeting|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, March 20, 2011, at 3:00 PMC Pacific time. Napa Room|
PMC (and Strategic) Reps
- Name that release; Indigo+1. We'll examine votes, and be sure there is a clear winner, and that the winner is not objectionable in some way we didn't think of before. Remember, once we come up with the name, it will have to be "vetted" by Ian/Mike to make sure there would be no trademark infringement, etc. (They might be able to do this "in days", before EclipseCon is over ... but not sure.) (Pascal?)
- Status, plans, and urgency of moving from CVS to GIT. Why it is required, again? (Denis), Wayne?)
- V6 of the Eclipse Road Map ... mostly here for reference. Any feedback should have already been given, I believe, if I understand the dates ... board review is next day.
- Themes and Priorities. (Again, here for reference, may be discussed at joint meeting.)
Long Term Planning discussion
- EclipseCon face-to-face is good time to discuss high level, long term issues. The following items are along the lines of "brainstorming" agenda items ... please add any of yours.
- Are requirements/tracking worthwhile? Working? Anything better?
- Is yearly release (with two service releases) right interval? Quarterly? Every other year? LTS releases?
- Next year, should 3.8 be primary platform, still ... or 4.2 be primary, but still "support" 3.8 as secondary?
- April 6, 2011 (regular "first Wednesday" meeting.