Difference between revisions of "Planning Council/March 16 2014"

From Eclipsepedia

Jump to: navigation, search
(Members and Attendees)
(Luna Planning)
Line 123: Line 123:
  
 
== Luna Planning ==
 
== Luna Planning ==
 
* M6 is soon!
 
* Plan for EclipseCon meeting (to be chaired by Ian)?
 
  
 
== Progress on Action Items ==
 
== Progress on Action Items ==

Revision as of 21:41, 5 March 2014

Contents

Logistics

EclipseCon Face2Face Sunday March 16th, 2-4pm, Bayside

Members and Attendees

PMC (and Strategic) Reps
Chris Aniszczyk Technology (PMC)
Dani Megert Eclipse (PMC)
Steffen Pingel Mylyn (ALM) PMC
Brian Payton Datatools (PMC)
Doug Schaefer Tools (PMC)
Adrian Mos (Marc Dutoo ) SOA (PMC)
Ed Merks Modeling (PMC)
Ian Bull Rt (PMC)
Chuck Bridgham WTP (PMC)
Gary Xue Birt (PMC)
Wayne Beaton Eclipse Foundation (appointed)
David Williams (appointed Chair)
Strategic Reps
Cedric Brun OBEO (Strategic Developer)
Neil Hauge Oracle (Strategic Developer)
Stephan Merker SAP AG (Strategic Developer)
Markus Knauer Innoopract (Strategic Developer)
Markus Tiede BREDEX (Strategic Developer)
Rajeev Dayal Google (Strategic Developer)
(PMC rep) Actuate (Strategic Developer)
(PMC rep) IBM (Strategic Developer)
Inactive
[no name] CA Inc. (Strategic Consumer)

Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.

Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected

Announcements

Kepler SR2

  • Any issues?
There is one known, mysterious p2-update issue (discovered after 'release'): bug 427148
I am surprised not hearing more complaints from users? (but, does seem "intermittent", somehow).
I am surprised not many projects, apparently, tested "update" on Windows?
Anyone hearing things questions/answers on newsgroups, etc.? Is that how "work around" is known?

Luna Planning

Progress on Action Items

  • Luna+1 name: 'Mars' came back as "ok".
  • Improved "aggregator examples/doc". (dw -- no progress).
  • [Orbit plan (dw -- no formal progress)]

New Business

  • Not "direct" Planning Council business, but Wayne asked us, as Eclipse Leaders, to look at two bugs:
Can anyone reproduce? See similar things?
  • bug 420511 No easy access to Eclipse version number/release name for bug tracker
In general, Wayne's concern was that it's "too hard" for users to report bugs ... to pick from the scores of projects and hundreds of components, and feared some get "ignored" if in wrong place. One member pointed out its even hard for committers to know where to route! One suggestion was made that as a best practice, if a project gets a bug that "they don't know where it goes" that they move it to cross-project component, asking if anyone knows where it should go. The idea being that many (but not all) projects have people subscribed to cross-project component in-box.

Next Meeting

  • EclipseCon "face-to-face" on Sunday (thanks Ian!) and "joint meeting" (Wayne did say he'd chair that one).
  • April 2, 2014 - Regular First Wednesday Meeting

Reference

2013 EclipseCon face-to-face follow-through action items. For original meeting notes, see Planning_Council/March_24_2013 and for discussion leading to action items, see Planning_Council/April_10_2013. For last status update, see Planning_Council/May_8_2013.
Luna Wiki page
Kepler Wiki page
Planning Council/Kepler retrospective
Planning Council Members
Simultaneous Release Roles and Simultaneous Release Roles/EMO