Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Planning Council/March 05 2014"

(Preliminary agenda)
 
m (Members and Attendees)
Line 36: Line 36:
 
| Chris Aniszczyk  
 
| Chris Aniszczyk  
 
| Technology (PMC)  
 
| Technology (PMC)  
|  
+
| R
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Dani Megert  
 
| Dani Megert  
 
| Eclipse (PMC)  
 
| Eclipse (PMC)  
|  
+
| Y
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Steffen Pingel  
 
| Steffen Pingel  
 
| Mylyn (ALM) PMC  
 
| Mylyn (ALM) PMC  
|    
+
| R   
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Brian Payton  
 
| Brian Payton  
 
| Datatools (PMC)  
 
| Datatools (PMC)  
|
+
| R
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Doug Schaefer
 
| Doug Schaefer
 
| Tools (PMC)  
 
| Tools (PMC)  
|  
+
| Y
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Adrian Mos (Marc Dutoo )
 
| Adrian Mos (Marc Dutoo )
Line 68: Line 68:
 
| Chuck Bridgham  
 
| Chuck Bridgham  
 
| WTP (PMC)   
 
| WTP (PMC)   
|  
+
|
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Gary Xue  
 
| Gary Xue  
Line 76: Line 76:
 
| Wayne Beaton  
 
| Wayne Beaton  
 
| Eclipse Foundation (appointed)  
 
| Eclipse Foundation (appointed)  
|    
+
| Y   
 
|-
 
|-
 
| David Williams  
 
| David Williams  
Line 104: Line 104:
 
| Markus Tiede  
 
| Markus Tiede  
 
| BREDEX (Strategic Developer)  
 
| BREDEX (Strategic Developer)  
|    
+
| Y   
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Rajeev Dayal  
 
| Rajeev Dayal  

Revision as of 13:32, 5 March 2014

Logistics

Meeting Title: Planning Council Conference Call
Date & Time: Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at 1200 Noon Eastern
Dial in: (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)

Phone Numbers: (Check Asterisk/Numbers for more or current phone numbers.)

For all phone lines: Participant conference extension: 710 then enter pin 35498
  • Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-454-1403
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) +49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) +33-17-070-8535
  • UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806
  • Switzerland (local call anywhere in Switzerland) +41-44-580-2115
  • SIP clients:
call 710@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 35498.

Members and Attendees

PMC (and Strategic) Reps
Chris Aniszczyk Technology (PMC) R
Dani Megert Eclipse (PMC) Y
Steffen Pingel Mylyn (ALM) PMC R
Brian Payton Datatools (PMC) R
Doug Schaefer Tools (PMC) Y
Adrian Mos (Marc Dutoo ) SOA (PMC)
Ed Merks Modeling (PMC)
Ian Bull Rt (PMC)
Chuck Bridgham WTP (PMC) R
Gary Xue Birt (PMC)
Wayne Beaton Eclipse Foundation (appointed) Y
David Williams (appointed Chair) Y
Strategic Reps
Cedric Brun OBEO (Strategic Developer)
Neil Hauge Oracle (Strategic Developer)
Stephan Merker SAP AG (Strategic Developer)
Markus Knauer Innoopract (Strategic Developer)
Markus Tiede BREDEX (Strategic Developer) Y
Rajeev Dayal Google (Strategic Developer)
(PMC rep) Actuate (Strategic Developer) X
(PMC rep) IBM (Strategic Developer) X
Inactive
[no name] CA Inc. (Strategic Consumer) X

Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.

Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected

Announcements

Kepler SR2

  • Any issues?
There is one known, mysterious p2-update issue (discovered after 'release'): bug 427148
I am surprised not hearing more complaints from users? (but, does seem "intermittent", somehow).
I am surprised not many projects, apparently, tested "update" on Windows?
Anyone hearing things questions/answers on newsgroups, etc.? Is that how "work around" is known?

Luna Planning

  • M6 is soon!
  • Plan for EclipseCon meeting (to be chaired by Ian)?

Progress on Action Items

  • Luna+1 name: 'Mars' came back as "ok".
  • GSoC project for "Development Channel"? (Wayne)
While GSoC is over, for a year, Wayne will at least recall history and open a bug for this..
  • Improved "aggregator examples/doc". (dw -- no progress).
  • [Orbit plan (dw -- no formal progress)]

New Business

  •  ?

Next Meeting

  • EclipseCon "face-to-face" (thanks Ian!)
  • April 2, 2014 - Regular First Wednesday Meeting

Reference

2013 EclipseCon face-to-face follow-through action items. For original meeting notes, see Planning_Council/March_24_2013 and for discussion leading to action items, see Planning_Council/April_10_2013. For last status update, see Planning_Council/May_8_2013.
Luna Wiki page
Kepler Wiki page
Planning Council/Kepler retrospective
Planning Council Members
Simultaneous Release Roles and Simultaneous Release Roles/EMO