Planning Council/March 02 2011
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, March 02, 2011, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.|
PMC (and Strategic) Reps
bug 338310 - eclipse.ini missing after Helios SR2 upgrade; fails to launch
Please comment in bug, soon, if thoughts on which option. Leaning towards Option 2 (hand edit) as being the least risky
No definitive explanation, yet, as to what happened to cause this change in case.
- Too many typos!
- M6 (and EclipseCon!) coming up ... any issues?
- any exceptions to discuss?
- RTP (see Chris's request) (approved via mailing list, no discussion at meeting)
- Libra: (see Kaloyan's request) (approved, Markus and Chris supporting explicitly, after brief overview by Kaloyan).
Indigo Plan and Schedule
- ongoing reminder to aggregate project tracking, IP logs, docuware, etc., and update project meta-data as Wayne requested in cross-project note.
- recently announced EMO dates for Indigo release: (I have added these to our Planning Calendar for convenience).
February 11, 2011 - Last day to enter CQs for Indigo projects May 18, 2011 - Please submit your IP Logs June 1, 2011 - Review documentation submitted to EMO for release review June 1-8, 2011 - Review period.
- Name that release. Indigo+1.
- Progress? (Pascal)
Pascal not at meeting. About time to have online vote?
- How is the RoadMap coming along? (Wayne)
- Progress, but slow. Wayne still working with individual projects that have not provided one (and maybe didn't even know they needed one ... so, sounds like some PMC/mentoring guidance needed?).
- Wayne would like to "extend" the meaning and use of some fields in project meta-data so there projects could summarize their release, etc., instead of sending email or making part of docuware. More could be automated then. Overall summaries provided, etc. Wayne will (likely) send note to cross-project soon with this request.
- New project release tools. Some ready. Some near ready? (Wayne)
- Sounds like Wayne's made some excellent tools to ease and improve the quality of the process. He'll be posting more notes soon (approximately Friday).
- Please encourage your projects to add links to "central" Indigo wiki for New and Noteworthy and Migration Guides.
- TODO: Platform needs to have their own central page, like WTP does ... or, update this wiki every milestone. It currently points to M4 N&N.
- TODO (from previous meeting): dw to add/create add a FAQ item around "what to handle 3.7 vs. 4.1". Will draw from previous working notes.
- EclipseCon Meetings: Sunday, March 20, At Hyatt, Napa Room.
- April 6, 2011 (regular "first Wednesday" meeting.