Planning Council/June 06 2012
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, June 06, 2012, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.|
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- Ready to release?
- any thoughts on "non greedy" publishers? (Where did we go wrong?! :) More seriously, Jetty and ECF have made recent changes to be "non-greedy" which I think is good but might cause some churn. I will be sending out cross-project list note this afternoon.
- On the topic of "non participating project dependencies"
- We have discussed and decided this recently: See Planning_Council/March_07_2012#What_to_do_about_Papyrus_.28and_non_released_XWT_dependency.29 and bug 370974. The conclusion was:
A project can not be in the Sim. Release, or Released at all, if they include things that are unreleased from other projects (and this is true of any release, not just Sim. Release).
A project can include releases from other Eclipse projects, even if that other project is itself not part of the Simultaneous Release. This still requires the "other project's release" meets all the requirements for Release and Sim. Release ... signed jars, about.html file, etc. This is conceptually just like including a third party package from Orbit ... the original authors do not "participate" in the Release, but the bundles meet all the release requirements.
dw to send note clarifying policy. For future reference: here is the FAQ about our policies: See SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_FAQ#Policy_FAQs
Issues or Exceptions
Any issues? Everyone in? Any exceptions known?
- Exceptions for projects not in M4, that still will to join Juno:
- Virgo approved during 1/05 meeting (from rt PMC list, will be in M6)
- BPEL approved on mailing list (as late for M4, but in M5)
- Code Recommenders approved on mailing list (as late for M4, but in M5).
- Koneki project approved on mailing list (as late for M5, but joining in M6).
Anyone "dropping out" that should be removed from aggregation build?
- Assuming, for now, all "legal requirements" can be met? [In future years, should we have stricter deadline? e.g. RC2?]
- [TODO] dw to follow up with Andrew to get Asterisk bridge for planning council calls.
- John mentioned at end of meeting, for awareness, that current plan from Eclipse Project is that there will be no 3.9 next year, only 4.3, for Kepler.
- We will skip July.
- August 1, 2012 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).
- Conduct (or begin) our yearly "debrief" on what went well, what could be better (finish in September if needed, and in September begin "planning for Kepler").