Difference between revisions of "Planning Council/June 02 2010"
|Line 216:||Line 216:|
== Reference ==
== Reference ==
Latest revision as of 13:32, 2 June 2010
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, June 02, 2010, at 1600 UTC / 1200 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.|
PMC (and Strategic) Reps
 Next Year's Name
Should we do over? (Just kidding)
Indigo it is
 Who will lead the Planning Council next year?
And the winner is ... myself (David Williams) to continue in this role.
 Helios Release
- Post RC4 exception process?
- Question from John:
According to our schedule there is one more week of potential builds after RC4, labeled "Helios Final". I see on the planning wiki that it says, "only emergency fixes for very serious regressions will be considered." I can't remember if we discussed this in the past, but what exactly does that mean? Does it mean the release train exception process should be used, with changes announced in advance and require approval from others? Or, will this be left to the discretion of each project? Unless we've already covered this, we should probably decide on that soon. Note, the Eclipse TLP doesn't plan on any contributions after RC4 at the moment, but I just want to know the process in advance in case something comes up...
- Autobuilds turned off
- Exceptions, requests for rebuilds can be made to cross-project-dev list (no need for Planning Council list).
- if fairly obvious, dw will trigger the rebuild (hm, can/should security be changed on that hudson job?)
- or if doubt, dw will ask for further review/discussion with PC or PMC
- there is a risk, since our setup depends on individual project repositories, that someone may "break the build", that is unrelated to original respin request
- so all projects need to use care, and make sure nothing changes during this time
- Any to kick off the train?
- Any gold stars to hand out?
- Andrew Overholt and the Linux Tools Project is a shining example of joining the train well!
 Maintenance Schedule
Fourth Friday of September? 9/24/2010
Fourth Friday of February? 2/25/2011
 Next Year's Schedule
Not ready to discuss details, but the problems with +1, +2, +3 category (and short times) should be well discussed.
Similarly, Oliver brought up issue with need for better "warm-up" rhythm, especially if a prereq project is late. (EMF's "last minute" M6 delivery added pressure to TPTP's ability to build/test in time). No specific actions, process or remedies are known, but ... maybe a reminder to cross-project list that intermediate or warm-up builds are good (especially if going to be near deadline).
 Cross-Project Teams
Any issues moving to new b3 Aggregator? bug 312645
Should be produce hybrid p2/maven repo? bug 312656
 Other business
- Process for exceptions like "breaking API change after M6"
- projects making the change should announce on cross-project
- the team that discovers it, has a responsibility to report is as a "breaking API change" (don't just swallow it)
- it might have been an accident or oversight and can be repaired for others
- even if not (even if it really is required) it is a good way to document the issue so others know about it.
- Should we have a combined/joint "migration guide" for all Helios projects? A central jump-off point?
 ToDo Items
 Next Meeting
July 7. Have our yearly "feedback" session.