Planning Council/January 05 2011
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, January 05, 2010, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.|
PMC (and Strategic) Reps
- Welcome and introduce new members ...
2/25/2011 (Fourth Friday of February)
For detailed RC schedules, see Service Release Schedule in master plan
RC1 is getting near ...
- nearing M5
Indigo Plan and Schedule
- See also Indigo Wiki page
Issues and Proposal for 3.7 versus 4.1
- See working notes in http://wiki.eclipse.org/Indigo/HowToAddress37And41Platform
- TODO: the question of "3.7 or 4.1" came up again ... I should add a FAQ item
- Discussion on build machine QoS (JohnA):
- Is build machine contention/availability currently an issue for projects?
- Do we need to adjust schedules to account for this?
- Consider other measures such as reducing continuous or regular builds during milestone periods?
- There was agreement this might become a problem (has been in the past), but not sure if it currently is, and not sure what to do about it if/when it becomes a problem. Its hard to pick favorite projects or take away resources from some committers ... though is is a shared, constrained resource, so might come to that. And by "take away" it it meant to reduce, have various rules about niceness level that are enforced, etc.
- TODO: I (dw) agreed to ask webmasters if there was some way to see who was using what how much, as improved understanding might lead to better solutions.
- Long term, if it is only a matter of "peak usage", may want to investigate (or, encourage others to investigate:) some sort of "cloud" solution so during final milestone/release weeks we could have 10 slaves, or something, whereas most of the time we just need one or two.
- Note from Wayne, to Wayne: (from previous meeting) Remember to review plans starting after M4 (at latest) so questions can be clarified before "road map" produced. <== It is time?
- Wayne teased us all with promise of new tools to check CQs against downloads, which we projects can use ourselves ... but he wasn't ready to tell us about them today and he'll be saying more over next few days or weeks.
February 2, 12 noon Eastern