Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Planning Council/January 05 2011"

(Indigo Status)
(Indigo Status)
Line 172: Line 172:
 
: [http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/libra/ Enterprise Tools for OSGi (tm) Service Platform]
 
: [http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/libra/ Enterprise Tools for OSGi (tm) Service Platform]
 
: [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg05177.html Subversive]?
 
: [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg05177.html Subversive]?
 +
: [http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg05133.html GMF Tooling (GMF Codegen)?]
  
 
== Indigo Plan and Schedule ==
 
== Indigo Plan and Schedule ==

Revision as of 10:29, 5 January 2011

Logistics

Meeting Title: Planning Council Conference Call
Date & Time: Wednesday, January 05, 2010, at 1200 Eastern
Dial-in: For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.

Attendees

PMC (and Strategic) Reps

Chris Aniszczyk Technology (PMC)
John Arthorne Eclipse (PMC)
Oliver Cole Tptp (PMC) X
Mik Kersten Mylyn (ALM) PMC R
Brian Payton Datatools (PMC)
Anthony Hunter Tools (PMC)
Adrian Mos SOA (PMC) R
Ed Merks Modeling (PMC)
Thomas Watson Rt (PMC)
David Williams WTP (PMC) (appointed Chair)
Gary Xue Birt (PMC)

Strategic Reps

Cedric Brun OBEO (Strategic Developer)
Stefan Daume Cloudsmith Inc.(Strategic Developer)
Neil Hauge Oracle (Strategic Developer)
Kaloyan Raev SAP AG (Strategic Developer)
Pascal Rapicault Sonatype (Strategic Developer)
Markus Knauer Innoopract (Strategic Developer)
Christian Kurzke Motorola (Strategic Developer)
Achim Loerke BREDEX (Strategic Developer)

Appointed

Wayne Beaton Eclipse Foundation (appointed) R


Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
X = not expected

Inactive

 ? Nokia (Strategic Developer) X
 ? CA Inc. (Strategic Consumer) X
 ? brox IT-Solutions GmbH (Strategic Developer) X


Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members we have not heard from in a year or so, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.



Announcements

  • Welcome and introduce new members ...
Jubula Project

Maintenance Schedule

Helios SR2

2/25/2011 (Fourth Friday of February)

For detailed RC schedules, see Service Release Schedule in master plan

RC1 is getting near ...

Indigo Status

  • nearing M5
  • Approved? exceptions for projects joining (late) in M5
Jublula
Window Builder (see also intro msg on cross-project list)
Runtime Analysis Tools (see also intro msg on cross-project list)
Enterprise Tools for OSGi (tm) Service Platform
Subversive?
GMF Tooling (GMF Codegen)?

Indigo Plan and Schedule

Issues and Proposal for 3.7 versus 4.1

Other business

  • TODO: the question of "3.7 or 4.1" came up again ... I should add a FAQ item
  • Discussion on build machine QoS (JohnA):
    • Is build machine contention/availability currently an issue for projects?
    • Do we need to adjust schedules to account for this?
    • Consider other measures such as reducing continuous or regular builds during milestone periods?
There was agreement this might become a problem (has been in the past), but not sure if it currently is, and not sure what to do about it if/when it becomes a problem. Its hard to pick favorite projects or take away resources from some committers ... though is is a shared, constrained resource, so might come to that. And by "take away" it it meant to reduce, have various rules about niceness level that are enforced, etc.
TODO: I (dw) agreed to ask webmasters if there was some way to see who was using what how much, as improved understanding might lead to better solutions.
Long term, if it is only a matter of "peak usage", may want to investigate (or, encourage others to investigate:) some sort of "cloud" solution so during final milestone/release weeks we could have 10 slaves, or something, whereas most of the time we just need one or two.

ToDo Items

  • Note from Wayne, to Wayne: (from previous meeting) Remember to review plans starting after M4 (at latest) so questions can be clarified before "road map" produced. <== It is time?
  • Wayne teased us all with promise of new tools to check CQs against downloads, which we projects can use ourselves ... but he wasn't ready to tell us about them today and he'll be saying more over next few days or weeks.


Next Meeting

February 2, 12 noon Eastern

Reference

Planning_Council/Helios_retrospective

Indigo Simultaneous Release

Planning Council Members

Simultaneous Release Roles and Simultaneous Release Roles/EMO