| Meeting Title:
|| Planning Council Conference Call
| Date & Time:
|| Wednesday, January 04, 2012, at 1200 Eastern
|| For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.
Members and Attendees
PMC (and Strategic) Reps
| Chris Aniszczyk
|| Technology (PMC)
| John Arthorne (Kim Moir)
|| Eclipse (PMC)
| Mik Kersten
|| Mylyn (ALM) PMC
| Brian Payton
|| Datatools (PMC)
| Doug Schaefer
|| Tools (PMC)
| Adrian Mos (Marc Dutoo)
|| SOA (PMC)
| Ed Merks
|| Modeling (PMC)
| Jesse McConnell
|| Rt (PMC)
|| (N, but Borislav from Virgo joined in, in case questions about Virgo exception)
| David Williams
|| WTP (PMC) (appointed Chair)
| Gary Xue
|| Birt (PMC)
| Wayne Beaton
|| Eclipse Foundation (appointed)
| Cedric Brun
|| OBEO (Strategic Developer)
| Stefan Daume
|| Cloudsmith Inc.(Strategic Developer)
| Neil Hauge
|| Oracle (Strategic Developer)
| Kaloyan Raev
|| SAP AG (Strategic Developer)
| Pascal Rapicault
|| Sonatype (Strategic Developer)
| Markus Knauer
|| Innoopract (Strategic Developer)
| Christian Kurzke
|| Motorola (Strategic Developer)
| Achim Loerke
|| BREDEX (Strategic Developer)
| (PMC rep)
|| Actuate (Strategic Developer)
| (PMC rep)
|| IBM (Strategic Developer)
| [no name]
|| TPTP (PMC)
| [no name]
|| CA Inc. (Strategic Consumer)
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- Reminder: Indigo "warmup" RC1 January 13 to January 20th. Remember it is called "warmup" since we do not expect it to be a true "release candidate", important fixes will be not necessarily be in it, and they will be added in subsequent RCs, we don't expect adopters to invest much in final acceptance testing with RC1, and its purpose it to mostly make sure we can all still build the Indigo stream, get in sync with each other, etc. Subsequent RCs (2, 3) should be planned to be true release candidates (ideally final builds, for many projects) with the absolute final build being RC4: final aggregation build 2/15, for release on 2/24.
Issues or Exceptions
- Any issues? Everyone in? Any exceptions known?
- Exceptions for projects not in M4, that still will to join Juno:
- Virgo (3 +1 approve votes during meeting, Doug, Kaloyan, Kim)
- Some from Modeling ... It was thought EMF Query 2 would be "replacing" EMF Query, perhaps one from GMF Tooling?
- TODO: DW to send follow-up note to Ed asking him to clarify exceptions and send note to planning council list, since Ed was not at meeting.
- Yearly reminder to Wayne: allow some time in January to consolidate plans for "Road-map" to make sure you have what you need for March board meeting.
- Wayne reminded us there is no "road map" for board approval any longer (due to by-law and dev. process changes), but the plans will still be "rolled up" and be part of the "report to the Board". Wayne will look into "pulling out" the "3.8 support" information for summary, if that's feasible and make sure planning council can see/review rolled up plans.
- Name that release: Juno+1. We should review the "candidate" list before voting, being sure to remove any that we know we could not live with, so people do not feel they "waste" a vote on a name that would never be accepted. (Though, we do reserve the right to remove any, at any time, if new information comes to light, such as a word has an inappropriate meaning in another language, etc.). [bug 365965.]
- 2006 Callisto
- 2007 Europa
- 2008 Ganymede
- 2009 Galileo
- 2010 Helios
- 2011 Indigo
- 2012 Juno
During meeting, "kale" was removed, due to similarity with vegetable name, and "Kronos" was removed, agreeing its been used before for software/OS names. "kepler" was questioned because it was once the name of an Eclipse project, now archived, but it is believed it never did much (existed for only a year and a half, and never had an official release) so Wayne will investigate some to confirm that, but it probably would not be ruled out. That would leave 6 names to vote-on. Chris will work with Wayne and webmasters to setup "Eclipse voting poll" (similar to previous years, where you can vote just once, and have to have at least a bugzilla account to vote). Thanks Chris!
- February 1, 2012 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).
- Juno Wiki page
- Planning Council/Indigo retrospective
- Planning Council Members
- Simultaneous Release Roles and Simultaneous Release Roles/EMO