Planning Council/January 04 2012
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, January 04, 2012, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.|
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- Reminder: Indigo "warmup" RC1 January 13 to January 20th. Remember it is called "warmup" since we do not expect it to be a true "release candidate", important fixes will be not necessarily be in it, and they will be added in subsequent RCs, we don't expect adopters to invest much in final acceptance testing with RC1, and its purpose it to mostly make sure we can all still build the Indigo stream, get in sync with each other, etc. Subsequent RCs (2, 3) should be planned to be true release candidates (ideally final builds, for many projects) with the absolute final build being RC4: final aggregation build 2/15, for release on 2/24.
Issues or Exceptions
- Any issues? Everyone in? Any exceptions known?
- Exceptions for projects not in M4, that still will to join Juno:
- Thanks to Wayne for handsome "participating projects" page.
- Compliments and kudos given during the meeting ... "why didn't we know about this nice history of releases before?!" :)
- Yearly reminder to Wayne: allow some time in January to consolidate plans for "Road-map" to make sure you have what you need for March board meeting.
- Name that release: Juno+1. We should review the "candidate" list before voting, being sure to remove any that we know we could not live with, so people do not feel they "waste" a vote on a name that would never be accepted. (Though, we do reserve the right to remove any, at any time, if new information comes to light, such as a word has an inappropriate meaning in another language, etc.). [bug 365965.]
- 2006 Callisto
- 2007 Europa
- 2008 Ganymede
- 2009 Galileo
- 2010 Helios
- 2011 Indigo
- 2012 Juno
Names Chris Likes:
- Kronos (probably an issue due to existing companies and trademarks, can lead to confusion)
- Koronis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koronis_family
- Kari: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kari_(moon)
- Kale: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kale_(moon)
- Kartos: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kratos_(mythology)
- Anything else?
- February 1, 2012 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).