Planning Council/February 22 2013
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, February 06, 2013, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial in:|| (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- SR2 Recovery Plan
(I've left in the "issues bullet" from last meeting ... to highlight some of the history here).
Please come prepared to discuss alternatives
- Does anyone know of any impact of delays to strategic members that might effect choices?
- Impact to the projects you represent on ability to do the re-work if needed?
- let EGit provide updated project repo with fix
- Pro: easy
- Con: EPP users especially get the bad bug right away ?and could damage data? before applying the fix
Simply remove EGit 2.3 from common repo
- thus effectively reverting to their 2.1 in SR1, re-spining EPP packages, allow to re-mirror, etc.
- Pro: moderately easy -- assuming I could do the p2.remove script to remove just their bits (not a certainty)
- Con: EGit starts off pretty far behind
Full respin cycle
- Turn on the aggregator, let people update their contributions so it runs, hope we get same content, respin EPP, re-test, etc.
- Pro: best quality
- Con: would take 2 weeks (IMHO), sounds like several projects would want to contribute new bits, lots of work for all participants
- Other bugs mentioned as desired in a respin, if we did one. Please comment in these bugs if you have questions/suggestions for them.
- GEF bug 401477 (No "perfect fix", even if we did a respin, due to version number snafu even in SR1)
- M2E bug 400520 (They will effectively be providing an SR2a, it sounds like, even if we don't respin)
Provide a 4th "composite" to Juno SR2
- Would have only EGit in it. Assuming all if versioned correctly, EPP packages and "updates" would find their latest ones
- Pro: moderately easy, with minimal work from other projects.
- Con: The "bad bits" would still be in repo and theoretically installable, if someone happened to deliberately pick an older version
Issues (from previous meeting)
- EGit planning 2.3, but 2.1 is still their common repo contribution? (That is, why aren't they "fully participating"?) See bug 399437. Kepler contribution is even further behind.
- Action Item: Chris will "get back to us" on what EGit's plans are ... he initially thought "final code" would be done in two weeks, but I reminded him RC4/final builds are next Wednesday.
- March 6, 2013