Planning Council/February 02 2011
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, February 02, 2010, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.|
PMC (and Strategic) Reps
- A change to the Eclipse Software User Agreement is coming (bug 316152). It is recommended that you adopt the new PDE license feature support so you can more easily adapt to license changes. You can simply refer to the license feature defined by the Eclipse top-level project, which will be updated whenever the SUA changes. You should wait for bug 316152 to be resolved before switching.
2/25/2011 (Fourth Friday of February)
For detailed RC schedules, see Service Release Schedule in master plan
- RC2 is this week ... release is later this month ... any issues?
- M5 this week ... any issues?
- Pascal mentioned a new build of market-place client is needed for M5 due to some p2 (internal) changes.
- any exceptions to discuss?
- No exceptions were specifically approved at this meeting, but we discussed some that will be requested for M6:
- Libra. Provisioned. Building (just for day or two). Plans to release as incubating subproject of WTP. Kaloyan to prepare pages, information about project, and he (and WTP) will come back with costs and benefits explanations when requesting the exception.
- WindowBuilder. Just provisioned. Still CQ work to do. (Wayne was optimistic, but ... less certainty that it can get going in time).
- RAT: Not yet provisioned, nor had creation review. Wayne to followup with them.
- (ongoing reminder) remember to aggregate project tracking, IP logs, docuware, etc., and update project meta-data as Wayne requested in cross-project note.
Indigo Plan and Schedule
- Should we provide (whole) Orbit Repository as a "runtime target" category? Should it be a "trusted repo"? See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=310578#c11
- recently announced EMO dates for Indigo release: (I have added these to our Planning Calendar for convenience).
February 11, 2011 - Last day to enter CQs for Indigo projects May 18, 2011 - Please submit your IP Logs June 1, 2011 - Review documentation submitted to EMO for release review June 1-8, 2011 - Review period.
- EclipseCon face-to-face meeting: Sunday, 3/20, 3-4? Alternatives?
- Name that release. Indigo+1. Need volunteer to drive community discussion and vote.
- How is the RoadMap coming along? (Wayne)
- New project release tools. Some ready. Some near ready? (Wayne)
- Please encourage your projects to add links to "central" Indigo wiki for New and Noteworthy and Migration Guides. (TODO: Platform needs to have their own central page, like WTP does ... or, update every milestone. It currently points to M4 N&N).
- TODO (from previous meeting): dw to add/create add a FAQ item around "what to handle 3.7 vs. 4.1". Will draw from previous working notes.
- March 2, 12 noon Eastern
- EclipseCon Meetings: Sunday, March 20, At Hyatt, Exact location to be announced
- 3-4 (Pacific Time) PC face-to-face meeting
- 4-5 (Pacific Time) Joint Councils Meeting (See Donald's note to list).