Planning Council/February 02 2011
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, February 02, 2010, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.|
PMC (and Strategic) Reps
- A change to the Eclipse Software User Agreement is coming (bug 316152). It is recommended that you adopt the new PDE license feature support so you can more easily adapt to license changes.
2/25/2011 (Fourth Friday of February)
For detailed RC schedules, see Service Release Schedule in master plan
- RC2 is this week ... release is later this month ... any issues?
- M5 this week ... any issues?
- any exceptions to discuss?
- (ongoing reminder) remember to aggregate project tracking, IP logs, docuware, etc., and update project meta-data as Wayne requested in cross-project note.
Indigo Plan and Schedule
- See also Indigo Wiki page
- Should we provide (whole) Orbit Repository as a "runtime target" category? Should it be a "trusted repo"? See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=310578#c11
- recently announced EMO dates for Indigo release:
February 11, 2011 - Last day to enter CQs for Indigo projects May 18, 2011 - Please submit your IP Logs June 1, 2011 - Review documentation submitted to EMO for release review June 1-8, 2011 - Review period.
- EclipseCon face-to-face meeting: Sunday, 3/20, 3-4? Alternatives?
- Name that release. Indigo+1. Need volunteer to drive community discussion and vote.
- Is it time? ==> Note from Wayne, to Wayne: (from previous meeting) Remember to review plans starting after M4 (at latest) so questions can be clarified before "road map" produced.
- New project release tools. Some ready. Some near ready?
- TODO (from previous meeting): dw to add/create add a FAQ item around "what to handle 3.7 vs. 4.1". Will draw from previous working notes.
- New TODO?: Need common pages for a) plans b) migration c) N&N?
- A contributor (Hendy.rainbowpurple.com) added these for Eclipse project to Indigo Wiki Page ... but, shouldn't we have central page, with potential for each project to add links to their plans, migration guides, and N&N? Is there a better way?
- March 2, 12 noon Eastern
- EclipseCon Meetings: Sunday, March 20, At Hyatt, Exact location to be announced
- 3-4 (Pacific Time) PC face-to-face meeting
- 4-5 (Pacific Time) Joint Councils Meeting (See Donald's note to list).