Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Planning Council/February 02 2011"

(Next Meeting)
(ToDo Items)
Line 180: Line 180:
 
== ToDo Items ==
 
== ToDo Items ==
  
* '''It is time? ==>''' Note from Wayne, to Wayne: (from previous meeting) Remember to review plans starting after M4 (at latest) so questions can be clarified before "road map" produced.  
+
* '''Is it time? ==>''' Note from Wayne, to Wayne: (from previous meeting) Remember to review plans starting after M4 (at latest) so questions can be clarified before "road map" produced.  
  
 
* '''Was there a note for this item?''' Wayne teased us all with promise of new tools to check CQs against downloads, which we projects can use ourselves ... but he wasn't ready to tell us about them today and he'll be saying more over next few days or weeks.
 
* '''Was there a note for this item?''' Wayne teased us all with promise of new tools to check CQs against downloads, which we projects can use ourselves ... but he wasn't ready to tell us about them today and he'll be saying more over next few days or weeks.

Revision as of 22:12, 30 January 2011

Logistics

Meeting Title: Planning Council Conference Call
Date & Time: Wednesday, February 02, 2010, at 1200 Eastern
Dial-in: For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.

Attendees

PMC (and Strategic) Reps

Chris Aniszczyk Technology (PMC)
John Arthorne Eclipse (PMC)
Oliver Cole Tptp (PMC) X
Mik Kersten Mylyn (ALM) PMC
Brian Payton Datatools (PMC)
Anthony Hunter Tools (PMC)
Adrian Mos SOA (PMC)
Ed Merks Modeling (PMC)
Thomas Watson Rt (PMC)
David Williams WTP (PMC) (appointed Chair)
Gary Xue Birt (PMC)

Strategic Reps

Cedric Brun OBEO (Strategic Developer)
Stefan Daume Cloudsmith Inc.(Strategic Developer)
Neil Hauge Oracle (Strategic Developer)
Kaloyan Raev SAP AG (Strategic Developer)
Pascal Rapicault Sonatype (Strategic Developer)
Markus Knauer Innoopract (Strategic Developer)
Christian Kurzke Motorola (Strategic Developer)
Achim Loerke BREDEX (Strategic Developer)

Appointed

Wayne Beaton Eclipse Foundation (appointed)


Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
X = not expected

Inactive

 ? Nokia (Strategic Developer) X
 ? CA Inc. (Strategic Consumer) X
 ? brox IT-Solutions GmbH (Strategic Developer) X


Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members we have not heard from in a year or so, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.



Announcements

  •  ?

Maintenance Schedule

Helios SR2

2/25/2011 (Fourth Friday of February)

For detailed RC schedules, see Service Release Schedule in master plan

  • RC2 is this week ... release is later this month ... any issues?

Indigo Status

  • M5 this week ... any issues?
  • any exceptions to discuss?


Indigo Plan and Schedule

Other business

  • EclipseCon face-to-face meeting: Sunday, 3/20, 3-4? Alternatives?

ToDo Items

  • Is it time? ==> Note from Wayne, to Wayne: (from previous meeting) Remember to review plans starting after M4 (at latest) so questions can be clarified before "road map" produced.
  • Was there a note for this item? Wayne teased us all with promise of new tools to check CQs against downloads, which we projects can use ourselves ... but he wasn't ready to tell us about them today and he'll be saying more over next few days or weeks.
  • TODO (from previous meeting): dw to add/create add a FAQ item around "what to handle 3.7 vs. 4.1". Will draw from previous working notes.
  • New TODO?: Need common pages for a) plans b) migration c) N&N?
A contributor (Hendy.rainbowpurple.com) added these for Eclipse project to Indigo Wiki Page ... but, shouldn't we have central page, with potential for each project to add links to their plans, migration guides, and N&N? Is there a better way?

Next Meeting

  • March 2, 12 noon Eastern
  • EclipseCon Meetings: Sunday, March 20, At Hyatt, Exact Location to be announced
3-4 (Pacific Time) PC face-to-face meeting
4-5 (Pacific Time) Joint Councils Meeting (See Donald's note to list).

Reference

Planning_Council/Helios_retrospective

Indigo Simultaneous Release

Planning Council Members

Simultaneous Release Roles and Simultaneous Release Roles/EMO