Planning Council/December 5 2018
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, Dec 5, 2018, at 11:00 EST|
|Dial in:|| Topic: Planning Council Meeting
Time: this is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/928841320
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,928841320# or +14086380968,,928841320#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)： US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 Canada: +1 647 558 0588 France: +33 (0) 1 8288 0188 Germany: +49 (0) 30 3080 6188 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 Switzerland: +41 (0) 31 528 0988 Sweden: +46 (0) 8 4468 2488 Denmark: +45 89 88 37 88 Netherlands: +31 (0) 20 241 0288 Meeting ID: 928 841 320 International numbers available: https://eclipse.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=DufCm8dm7aEOYkLMWpY6qLgJMUtWhOnf
Temporary Planning Council Chair: Nick Boldt Planning Council Chair: Melanie Bats (returns Dec 2018)
- Wayne Beaton
- Frederic Gurr
- Mikael Barbero
- CA Technologies
- CEA LIST
- Ericsson AB (Marc-Andre Laperle)
- IBM (Thomas Watson)
- itemis AG (Alexander Nyssen)
- Obeo (Melanie Bats)
- Oracle (Neil Hauge)
- Red Hat, Inc. (Nick Boldt)
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SAP SE (Stephan Merker)
- Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) PMC (Gary Xue)
- Data Tools Platform PMC (Brian Payton)
- Eclipse Cloud Development PMC (Martin Lippert)
- Eclipse Project PMC (Dani Megert)
- LocationTech Technology
- Eclipse Modeling Project PMC (Ed Merks)
- Mylyn (Application Lifecycle Tools) PMC (Sam Davis)
- Eclipse Runtime Project (RT) PMC
- Eclipse Science
- Service Oriented Architecture PMC (Adrian Mos)
- Technology PMC (Chris Aniszczyk)
- Tools Project PMC (Aleksandar Kurtakov)
- Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) PMC (Carl Anderson)
Previous meeting minutes
- Review previous meeting minutes if you'd like. That is, review them before the meeting, but if questions or issues with previous minutes, this would be a good time to bring them up.
Write your name here if you attended and you enjoy collecting this type of metadata.
- Nick: Calendar updated with 2019-03 and 2019-06 dates
- Fred: Simrel status
- Other news? Questions? Issues?
Actions from last time
- AI: Fred to delegate to web team to push all & mark red w/ bug details - maybe for M2?
- AI: Dani to email Thabang (cc: Ed) about replacing "Simrel" with "IDE" on download and marketing pages because "Simrel" makes his eyes hurt (though it should be noted that instead of calling the release a "train" he does refer to it as "the simrel") :P
- AI: Alex to talk to Wayne about appointing Sopot
- DONE Sopot has is now an appointed member of the Eclipse Planning Council
- AI: Wayne: add a new date to the simrel schedule for when an announcement is send to cross-projects@, to report who we think is participating. If URLs are found w/ /latest/ or snapshot, they should be disabled?
- DONE in principle. Wayne did send out the report and has responded to feedback to update the list of participating projects and versions.
- AI: Wayne: send note to cross-projects@ to announce not opting in
- DONE in principle. Wayne derived and communicated the list of participating projects; in that communication, he provided instructions for opting out.
- AI: Wayne: update "ASAP" re: "Create your release record (for new releases)". Actual date is on/before Oct 19.
- DONE Communication regarding participation includes a reminder to create a release record.
- AI: Wayne to produce documentation re: rules and send to planning-council list
- NOT DONE Wayne forgets the requirements.
- AI: Fred restrict pushing to simrel w/o gerrit review
- not done yet; planned for after M2