Planning Council/December 07 2011
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, December 07, 2011, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.|
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
Juno Plan and Requirements
- Any issues? Everyone in? Any exceptions known?
- John reminded us that the platform is moving to "Jetty 8" for the Help system in M4, which carries along other 3rd party prereq changes, such as Javax.servlet. (Though, has been well discussed on cross-project, and else where).
- We wondered if recent Hudson change would effect our ability to deliver M4 on time. (So, far, we think not, but need to monitor).
- Thanks to Wayne for handsome "participating projects" page.
- Compliments and kudos given during the meeting ... "why didn't we know about this nice history of releases before?!" :)
- Yearly reminder to Wayne: allow some time in January to consolidate plans for "Road-map" to make sure you have what you need for March board meeting.
The things to focus on, for this meeting, are
- in particular, the new requirement: Documenting compliance including the paragraph on "Tracking and Compliance" on our Juno Wiki page
- and, since last meeting was not well attended, we will confirm, again, everyone supports the new requirement asking to make it easy to get released source.
Those attending thought "ok" or "good". Sill some concern about length (not so much number of items ... just that it takes a while to read) but no concrete suggestions (and, it was mentioned, better than it was). Hopefully improve a little every year?
I will send note to planning list, ask for any other comments by Thursday 5 PM Eastern, from anyone who could not attend meeting. Otherwise consider it "done" and send note to cross project list.
- Other comments/improvements to plan?
Checklist (aka tracker)
From last meeting, concluded there was not resources at Eclipse Foundation to support information on Portal, but we'd add section asking for "statement" in review documentation, as I've written up in the new requirement: Documenting compliance. Need to "disconnect" portal dialogs, tracked in bug 364647.
From last meeting, Longer term, not in time for Juno, fields such as link to rampdown plan, link to accessibility testing, link to API policy, retention policy, etc. will be part of the new "super portal" for projects to fill in, or not, depending on type of release, needs of the project, etc.
- Name that release: Juno+1. Need volunteer to drive community discussion and vote.
- Need to "launch" this effort first thing in January.
- Goal is to have "completely done" by EclipseCon. We have missed this last two years (at least) since we didn't allow enough time (at least 4 weeks?) for Eclipse Foundation to do their legal vetting of the proposed (and most popular) name.
- Anything else?
- January 4, 2012 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).