Planning Council/December 07 2011
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, December 07, 2011, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.|
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
Juno Plan and Requirements
- Any issues? Everyone in? Any exceptions known?
- Thanks to Wayne for handsome "participating projects" page.
- Yearly reminder to Wayne: allow some time in January to consolidate plans for "Road-map" to make sure you have what you need for March board meeting.
The things to focus on, for this meeting, are
- in particular, the new requirement: Documenting compliance including the paragraph on "Tracking and Compliance" on our Juno Wiki page
- and, since last meeting was not well attended, we will confirm, again, everyone supports the new requirement asking to make it easy to get released source.
- Other comments/improvements to plan?
Checklist (aka tracker)
From last meeting, concluded there was not resources at Eclipse Foundation to support information on Portal, but we'd add section asking for "statement" in review documentation, as I've written up in the new requirement: Documenting compliance. Need to "disconnect" portal dialogs, tracked in bug 364647.
From last meeting, Longer term, not in time for Juno, fields such as link to rampdown plan, link to accessibility testing, link to API policy, retention policy, etc. will be part of the new "super portal" for projects to fill in, or not, depending on type of release, needs of the project, etc.
- Name that release: Juno+1. Need volunteer to drive community discussion and vote.
- Need to "launch" this effort first thing in January.
- Goal is to have "completely done" by EclipseCon. We have missed this last two years (at least) since we didn't allow enough time (at least 4 weeks?) for Eclipse Foundation to do their legal vetting of the proposed (and most popular) name.
- Anything else?
- January 4, 2012 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).