Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Planning Council/December 07 2011"

(Members and Attendees)
(Requirements)
 
(6 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 141: Line 141:
  
 
* Any issues? Everyone in? Any exceptions known?
 
* Any issues? Everyone in? Any exceptions known?
 +
 +
:* ''John reminded us that the platform is moving to "Jetty 8" for the Help system in M4, which carries along other 3rd party prereq changes, such as Javax.servlet. (Though, has been well discussed on cross-project, and else where).''
 +
 +
:* ''We wondered if recent Hudson change would effect our ability to deliver M4 on time. (So, far, we think not, but need to monitor).''
  
 
* Thanks to Wayne for handsome [http://eclipse.org/projects/releases/releases.php?release=juno "participating projects"] page.
 
* Thanks to Wayne for handsome [http://eclipse.org/projects/releases/releases.php?release=juno "participating projects"] page.
 +
 +
:* ''Compliments and kudos given during the meeting ... "why didn't we know about this nice history of releases before?!" :)''
  
 
* Yearly reminder to Wayne: allow some time in January to consolidate plans for "Road-map" to make sure you have what you need for March board meeting.
 
* Yearly reminder to Wayne: allow some time in January to consolidate plans for "Road-map" to make sure you have what you need for March board meeting.
Line 158: Line 164:
 
* and, since last meeting was not well attended, we will confirm, again, everyone supports the new requirement asking to [[SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_Requirements#Make_it_easy_to_get_released_source_from_repository| make it easy to get released source]].  
 
* and, since last meeting was not well attended, we will confirm, again, everyone supports the new requirement asking to [[SimRel/Simultaneous_Release_Requirements#Make_it_easy_to_get_released_source_from_repository| make it easy to get released source]].  
  
 +
''Those attending thought plan was "ok" or "good". Sill some concern about length (not so much number of items ... just that it takes a while to read) but no concrete suggestions (and, it was mentioned, better than it was). Hopefully can improve a little every year?''
 +
 +
''I will send note to planning list, ask for any other comments by Thursday 5 PM Eastern, from anyone who could not attend meeting. Otherwise consider it "done" and send note to cross project list on Friday. (We can make wording or clarification changes anytime, but do not change any substance after M4).''
  
 
==== Other clarifications? ====
 
==== Other clarifications? ====
  
 
* Other comments/improvements to plan?
 
* Other comments/improvements to plan?
 +
 +
:''None''
  
 
=== Checklist (aka tracker) ===
 
=== Checklist (aka tracker) ===
Line 174: Line 185:
 
:* Need to "launch" this effort first thing in January.  
 
:* Need to "launch" this effort first thing in January.  
 
:* Goal is to have "completely done" by EclipseCon. We have missed this last two years (at least) since we didn't allow enough time (at least 4 weeks?) for Eclipse Foundation to do their legal vetting of the proposed (and most popular) name.  
 
:* Goal is to have "completely done" by EclipseCon. We have missed this last two years (at least) since we didn't allow enough time (at least 4 weeks?) for Eclipse Foundation to do their legal vetting of the proposed (and most popular) name.  
 +
 +
: ''Chris kindly volunteered to drive the process for the new name (again). Thanks Chris!''
  
 
* Anything else?
 
* Anything else?
Line 180: Line 193:
  
 
* January 4, 2012 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).
 
* January 4, 2012 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).
 +
 +
: ''John mentioned Canada's schools (at least, Ottawa's?) are still "out" so he won't be able to attend, but we will still plan on 4th, unless we decide otherwise on planning list. (And, we can always discuss issues on planning list, or have an "extra meeting" in January, or anytime, if issues some up outside the monthly cycle.)''
  
 
== Reference  ==
 
== Reference  ==

Latest revision as of 13:47, 7 December 2011

Logistics

Meeting Title: Planning Council Conference Call
Date & Time: Wednesday, December 07, 2011, at 1200 Eastern
Dial-in: For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.

Members and Attendees

PMC (and Strategic) Reps
Chris Aniszczyk Technology (PMC) Y
John Arthorne Eclipse (PMC) Y
Mik Kersten Mylyn (ALM) PMC Y
Brian Payton Datatools (PMC) Y
Doug Schaefer Tools (PMC)
Adrian Mos (Marc Dutoo) SOA (PMC) R
Ed Merks Modeling (PMC)
Jesse McConnell Rt (PMC)
David Williams WTP (PMC) (appointed Chair) Y
Gary Xue Birt (PMC)
Wayne Beaton Eclipse Foundation (appointed)
Strategic Reps
Cedric Brun OBEO (Strategic Developer) R
Stefan Daume Cloudsmith Inc.(Strategic Developer)
Neil Hauge Oracle (Strategic Developer) Y
Kaloyan Raev SAP AG (Strategic Developer) Y
Pascal Rapicault Sonatype (Strategic Developer) R
Markus Knauer Innoopract (Strategic Developer)
Christian Kurzke Motorola (Strategic Developer)
Achim Loerke BREDEX (Strategic Developer) R
(PMC rep) Actuate (Strategic Developer) X
(PMC rep) IBM (Strategic Developer) X
Inactive
[no name] TPTP (PMC) X
[no name] CA Inc. (Strategic Consumer) X

Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.

Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected

Announcements

  • Any?

Indigo SR2

  • Anything?

Juno Plan and Requirements

M4

  • Any issues? Everyone in? Any exceptions known?
  • John reminded us that the platform is moving to "Jetty 8" for the Help system in M4, which carries along other 3rd party prereq changes, such as Javax.servlet. (Though, has been well discussed on cross-project, and else where).
  • We wondered if recent Hudson change would effect our ability to deliver M4 on time. (So, far, we think not, but need to monitor).
  • Compliments and kudos given during the meeting ... "why didn't we know about this nice history of releases before?!" :)
  • Yearly reminder to Wayne: allow some time in January to consolidate plans for "Road-map" to make sure you have what you need for March board meeting.

Requirements

Review Requirements for substance and wording. See last meeting notes from November 23, 2011 for notes of previous discussion.

The things to focus on, for this meeting, are

Those attending thought plan was "ok" or "good". Sill some concern about length (not so much number of items ... just that it takes a while to read) but no concrete suggestions (and, it was mentioned, better than it was). Hopefully can improve a little every year?

I will send note to planning list, ask for any other comments by Thursday 5 PM Eastern, from anyone who could not attend meeting. Otherwise consider it "done" and send note to cross project list on Friday. (We can make wording or clarification changes anytime, but do not change any substance after M4).

Other clarifications?

  • Other comments/improvements to plan?
None

Checklist (aka tracker)

From last meeting, concluded there was not resources at Eclipse Foundation to support information on Portal, but we'd add section asking for "statement" in review documentation, as I've written up in the new requirement: Documenting compliance. Need to "disconnect" portal dialogs, tracked in bug 364647.

From last meeting, Longer term, not in time for Juno, fields such as link to rampdown plan, link to accessibility testing, link to API policy, retention policy, etc. will be part of the new "super portal" for projects to fill in, or not, depending on type of release, needs of the project, etc.

Other business

  • Name that release: Juno+1. Need volunteer to drive community discussion and vote.
  • Need to "launch" this effort first thing in January.
  • Goal is to have "completely done" by EclipseCon. We have missed this last two years (at least) since we didn't allow enough time (at least 4 weeks?) for Eclipse Foundation to do their legal vetting of the proposed (and most popular) name.
Chris kindly volunteered to drive the process for the new name (again). Thanks Chris!
  • Anything else?

Next Meeting

  • January 4, 2012 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).
John mentioned Canada's schools (at least, Ottawa's?) are still "out" so he won't be able to attend, but we will still plan on 4th, unless we decide otherwise on planning list. (And, we can always discuss issues on planning list, or have an "extra meeting" in January, or anytime, if issues some up outside the monthly cycle.)

Reference

Juno Wiki page
Planning Council/Indigo retrospective
Planning Council Members
Simultaneous Release Roles and Simultaneous Release Roles/EMO