Difference between revisions of "Planning Council/December 05 2012"
|Line 169:||Line 169:|
== Next Meeting ==
== Next Meeting ==
Revision as of 13:30, 5 December 2012
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, December 05, 2012, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial in:|| (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- SR2 to get active in January
- I have completely transcribed dates for Kepler (release and maintenance releases) to the Simultaneous Release Planning Calendar. Please proof read.
- I have made a cleanup pass to the Simultaneous Release Requirements. No new requirements, but made the following edits:
- Removed "what's changed for Juno" section. (And so far, no changed requirements for Kepler and ... the history is in the wiki).
- Removed the 3.8 compatibility section.
- Deleted requirements previously removed (but which were left in document as "strikout").
- Deleted "[date clarified]" editor notes (since a little distracting).
- Changed Juno to Kepler where appropriate.
- Changed Indigo to Juno where appropriate (such as help URLs).
- Ran "linkchecker" and found a few broken links and updated as best I could.
- Improved grammar or wording in a dozen spots (usually to remove words, honest).
- Corrected spelling of one word. :)
- Added "reasons" for why non-greedy-ness was important (and sent a note to p2-dev list to sanity check in advance -- thanks Ian, Pascal, for reviewing).
- Based on Ian's comments, I added phrase pointing to the issue the Java 7 and nested jars (bug 361628).
- Any other changes/edits? Can we formally approve this version, and schedule, for Kepler? (It is, after all, almost M4!)
- Removed sentence about "Roadmap" since there is no longer such as "roll up" of plans.
- Removed mention of "CVS" and changed spelling of 'GIT' to 'Git'.
- Agreement it was ready to be "formalized" (especially since little changed from previous year).
- It is almost M4! Everyone in? Anyone know of delayed projects? Complications?
- None noted. dw to send reminder to cross-project list.
- Wayne mentioned he thought new Portal would be ready in January.
- No meeting January 2, 2012 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting) due to Holidays/vacations.
- Can we skip January? Or just defer it a week or two? If skipped, next would be February 6 (which does get near Juno SR2).