Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Planning Council/August 7 2013"

(initial draft for August Meeting)
(No difference)

Revision as of 08:39, 1 July 2013

Logistics

Meeting Title: Planning Council Conference Call
Date & Time: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, at 1200 Noon Eastern
Dial in: (See Asterisk service for complete details on SIP, potential new numbers, phone mute commands, etc.)

Phone Numbers: (Check Asterisk/Numbers for more or current phone numbers.)

For all phone lines: Participant conference extension: 710 then enter pin 35498
  • Ottawa (local call in Ottawa) 1-613-454-1403
  • North America (toll free) 1-866-569-4992 (new number), 1-877-369-7806 (old number)
  • Germany (local call anywhere in Germany) +49-692-2224-6059
  • France (local call anywhere in France) +33-17-070-8535
  • UK (toll free) 0800-033-7806
  • Switzerland (local call anywhere in Switzerland) +41-44-580-2115
  • SIP clients:
call 710@asterisk.eclipse.org, then enter pin 35498.

Members and Attendees

PMC (and Strategic) Reps
Chris Aniszczyk Technology (PMC)
Dani Megert Eclipse (PMC)
Steffen Pingel Mylyn (ALM) PMC
Brian Payton Datatools (PMC)
Doug Schaefer Tools (PMC)
Adrian Mos (or Bob Brodt?) SOA (PMC)
Ed Merks Modeling (PMC)
Ian Bull Rt (PMC)
Chuck Bridgham WTP (PMC)
Gary Xue Birt (PMC)
Wayne Beaton Eclipse Foundation (appointed)
David Williams (appointed Chair)
Strategic Reps
Cedric Brun OBEO (Strategic Developer)
Neil Hauge Oracle (Strategic Developer)
Stephan Merker (with Kaloyan) SAP AG (Strategic Developer)
Igor Fedorenko Sonatype (Strategic Developer)
Markus Knauer Innoopract (Strategic Developer)
Markus Tiede BREDEX (Strategic Developer)
Rajeev Dayal Google (Strategic Developer)
(PMC rep) Actuate (Strategic Developer) X
(PMC rep) IBM (Strategic Developer) X
Inactive
[no name] CA Inc. (Strategic Consumer) X

Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.

Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected

Announcements

  •  : ?


Kepler Retrospective

  • Propose to start in August, finish in September

Luna Planning

  • Is there confusion/contradictions about "unreleased components in Sim. Rel. repo"? See bug 411977.
  • Are we "too lax" in versioning requirements? Especially for "maintenance"? See cross-project list posting.
  • I have started scheduling Luna milestones. I think first 4 or 5 will be similar to previous years.
* Appears that timing of EclipseCon in 2014 may effect how M6 is scheduled.
* See Luna/Simultaneous_Release_Plan (I will be working more on in during month of July).


Next Meeting

  • September 4, 2013 - Regular First Wednesday Meeting

Reference

EclipseCon face-to-face follow-through action items. For original meeting notes, see Planning_Council/March_24_2013 and for discussion leading to action items, see Planning_Council/April_10_2013. For last status update, see Planning_Council/May_8_2013.
Lunda Wiki page
Kepler Wiki page
Juno Wiki page
Planning Council/Indigo retrospective
Planning Council Members
Simultaneous Release Roles and Simultaneous Release Roles/EMO