Planning Council/August 03 2011
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, August 03, 2011, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial-in:||For the call-in numbers, see the "Project Review" number on Foundation Portal page.|
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members we have not heard from in a year or so, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
X = not expected
- Welcome Jesse McConnell (new Rt PMC representative, replacing Tom Watson)
First RC (warm-up) build is coming up soon (8/15-8/19). See Indigo SR1 Schedule
On the topic of "Can new things show up in Sim. Release Service Releases?" ... we have previously agreed "yes". Any discussion?
Juno Release Planning
- Release: June 27, 2012 (fourth Wednesday)
- SR1: September 28, 2012 (fourth Friday)
- SR2: February 22, 2013 (fourth Friday)
Issue: We have a 53 week development year ... 6/22/2011 to 6/27/2012 (due to the way "fourth Wednesdays" fall) ... so what to do with extra week?
- M7 extra long, 8 weeks instead of 7?
- M6 longer than usual, 7 weeks instead of 6? <-- my recommendation, so that M6 ends "right before" EclispeCon?
4.2 vs. 3.8
We will have 4.2 as primary (hence the one used for EPP Packages) but ask participating projects to have a clear plan item titled, exactly, "Support for Eclipse 3.8 workbench" where possible descriptions might be similar to:
- Not at all. No support for 3.8 based apps.
- We will accept bugs against 3.8 based apps, but do not test or compile against it.
- We will compile against and somewhat test 3.8, though 4.2 is primary.
- We will support 3.8 as well as 4.2, but the exact functionality may differ.
- We will support 3.8 and 4.2 equally.
- September 7, 2011 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).
- "retrospective" at September meeting.