Planning Council/August 01 2012
|Meeting Title:||Planning Council Conference Call|
|Date & Time:||Wednesday, August 01, 2012, at 1200 Eastern|
|Dial in:|| NOTE CHANGE: First meeting to use Asterisk service:
Members and Attendees
Note: "Inactive" refers to Strategic Members or PMCs we have not heard from for a while, and have been unable to convince to participate. Those members can become active again at any time. Contact David Williams if questions.
Note: feel free to correct any errors/omissions in above attendance record.
Y = Yes, attended
N = No, did not
R = regrets sent ahead of time
D = delegated
X = not expected
- Welcome Ian Bull as new Rt PMC representative
- Welcome Steffen Pingel as new Mylyn PMC representative (maybe not official yet?)
- Change in strategic membership and hence PC representatives:
- Motorola and Cloudsmith no longer strategic members.
- Talend new member.
- SR1 dates have already been set, agreed to, and are coming right up! See Juno/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#Service_Releases
- Comments, questions, concerns?
We will focus on requirements changes (if any) in subsequent meetings ... but for now, is there agreements on my proposed dates? They are very similar pattern as previous years: Kepler/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#Schedule
Agreement with the dates
Start annual debrief
Feel free to add things to the page before the meeting, if that would facilitate discussion. We will finish in September if needed.
Be sure to read last years: Planning_Council/Indigo_retrospective
- Comments on migrating aggregation files to Git? See bug 359240.
Wayne officially approved using "org.eclipse.simrel" as package names, even though "simrel" is not an Eclipse Project, in the normal sense.
No issues with transitioning this coming week.
- It was asked if "b3 aggregator" would be replaced by something in CBI.
- Answer was "no, no plans at this time". Tycho itself produces a simple repo but does not do any other "repo validation and publishing" like b3 aggregator does.
- September 5, 2012 (our regular "first Wednesday" meeting, at Noon Eastern).
- Conclude (if needed) our yearly "debrief" on what went well, what could be better.
- Plan for Kepler